223 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Speaking for myself, I have just experienced a day of dice-luck so putrid that I almost quit playing. While I know that the dice here are as random as they can be (not trying to claim #paytowin), sometimes it's just strange how streaky it can be, no?

Assuming that others have lived this life too, I wanted to create a place where we could all be miserable together - a reverse happy-hour as it was.

And yes - before you ask, it's not all bad dice. Bad strategy must've played a role, as well as bad initial placement, which definitely had a hand. And possibly the most aggravating of all: Never (or at least 95% of the time) getting a set of 3 or 4 cards, but always having to wait for 5. Doesn't seem like much, until you are looking for it to offset the dice-luck.

But enough blabbing: here, without further ado, are some of my worst days ever. Feel free to share your own. We won't judge (or maybe we will - either way, we'll all be losers together).

4th worst: June 10, 2022 - 0-5, -100 ranking points

3rd worst: July 30, 2023 - 4-7, -104 ranking points

2nd worst: May 20, 2022 - 0-4, -111 ranking points

But by far the worst is today, March 3, 2024 - 4-16, -280 ranking points(!!!!!!!!!)

Anyway, commence the heckling!

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all day.

Edited Mon 4th Mar 00:28 [history]

2. #2 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hardly seems all that dramatic when you consider that you're talking about the net outcome of 20 games (I only see 19). If you consider it all that dramatically newsworthy , why didn't you share your 19 game streak from 7 Dec 23 to 1 Jan 24 with us, where you gained 334 ranking points!?

Edited Mon 4th Mar 13:01 [history]

3. #3 / 8
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

It's not as fun.

Plus that was over several days. I'd rather get all dramatic about losing a lot.

4. #4 / 8
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:Hardly seems all that dramatic when you consider that you're talking about the net outcome of 20 games (I only see 19).

It could be the last one was after midnight and should technically be on todays tab.

5. #5 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

pretty sure this thread (https://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4793/Worst_Luck_Ever) already exists. or this (https://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/5473p1/Dice) one.

BTW; i think the link function is broke

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Mon 4th Mar 16:51 [history]

6. #6 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Abraham the Mage wrote:
    I'd rather get all dramatic about losing a lot.

😂😂😂

7. #7 / 8
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

But by far the worst is today, March 3, 2024 - 4-16, -280 ranking points(!!!!!!!!!)

Add another 0-4 and -86 over the next two days

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I tend to have pretty good luck all the way up to the 2nd to last elimination where I will go 0 for 6 against the last unit of player 3 and hand player 2 the game :D

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)