223 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 17
    Premium Member bobthefish
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Greetings from the warriors of WARFISH Clan. We pen this missive with great anticipation and excitement as we extend an invitation for an epic clash of strength, strategy, and valor. We seek to test our mettle against worthy opponents.

On the sacred grounds of Colossal Crusade, we propose a grand clash that will reverberate through the ages. Our warriors have honed their skills, their blades sharpened, and their spirits aflame with a thirst for glory. It is our fervent desire to measure ourselves against the very best.

We sincerely hope that we find a worthy group of opponents to accept this invitation, as our warriors eagerly await the chance to engage in a glorious clash with your skilled warriors. May the clash be legendary, and the bonds forged on this battlefield endure as a testament to our shared love of honorable combat.

Link to join: https://www.wargear.net/games/join/81375921

2. #2 / 17
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Warfish is where it all started for me. I love this invite. I hope that you have found that the usual folks here are good spirited and strong competitors. Happy warring!

3. #3 / 17
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

While the premise suggested here sounded interesting, the credentials committee has flagged Team WarGear as a bit suspect after reviewing their profiles. But hey, fun reigns supreme here so enjoy your silliness and welcome.

"Just sayin', it's easy to get humble around here."

4. #4 / 17
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

hootz72 wrote:While the premise suggested here sounded interesting, the credentials committee has flagged Team WarGear as a bit suspect after reviewing their profiles. But hey, fun reigns supreme here so enjoy your silliness and welcome.

i can see a bunch of friends jumping over at roughly the same time and playing some private games together over the last couple years. Bob's the only one with much (or any) public playing time and doesn't seem to have issues. So i'm not suspicious at all.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #5 / 17
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:hootz72 wrote:While the premise suggested here sounded interesting, the credentials committee has flagged Team WarGear as a bit suspect after reviewing their profiles. But hey, fun reigns supreme here so enjoy your silliness and welcome.

i can see a bunch of friends jumping over at roughly the same time and playing some private games together over the last couple years. Bob's the only one with much (or any) public playing time and doesn't seem to have issues. So i'm not suspicious at all.

Not suspicious as we have heard of the demise, however claiming "It is our fervent desire to measure ourselves against the very best." and then viewing Team Wargear raises an eyebrow and not just mine. It is unlikely that the "very best" here is represented, thus the credentials comment. I have played against Bob as well. Just thought it was a bit misleading to someone browsing posts. Seems I always have to explain my posts to someone who insists repeatedly misinterpreting them.

6. #6 / 17
    Standard Member dylpickled
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Sorry to have missed this battle! Love the message. Probably best to set up the next one as a true private game to ward off the unwanted newer players.

7. #7 / 17
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

dylpickled wrote:Sorry to have missed this battle! Love the message. Probably best to set up the next one as a true private game to ward off the unwanted newer players.

Agreed.

My other suggestion is to set up/join a team tournament. Plenty of competition and games to be played in them parts.

8. #8 / 17
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

hootz72 wrote: "It is our fervent desire to measure ourselves against the very best."

I read that as they wanted WG's very best, not that they were the best; altho that is somewhat implied. I also found it tongue-in-cheek and old-timey, but that's probably because i'm rereading the Outlander books and they talk that way.

hootz72 wrote: Seems I always have to explain my posts to someone who insists repeatedly misinterpreting them.

I could apologize here as I can be obtuse and pedantic (shocking, i know); but as my wife tells me, "if you're always correcting someone on their understanding of your messaging, maybe your messaging isn't what you think it is..."

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

9. #9 / 17
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:hootz72 wrote: "It is our fervent desire to measure ourselves against the very best."

I also found it tongue-in-cheek and old-timey, but that's probably because i'm rereading the Outlander books and they talk that way.

But you missed the tongue in cheek in my reply?? Others didn't

hootz72 wrote: Seems I always have to explain my posts to someone who insists repeatedly misinterpreting them.

I could apologize here as I can be obtuse and pedantic (shocking, i know); but as my wife tells me, "if you're always correcting someone on their understanding of your messaging, maybe your messaging isn't what you think it is..."

That's funny, considering 2 hours before your initial post in this thread I received a pm from someone who complimented me on the wording of my post. You should apologize, actually. The above redaction is just adorable. Maybe your comprehension is what you think it is. If I hadn't actually seen you do something a moderator should once, I would begin a thread on your misinterpretations.

Still laughing at your redaction, smh

Pretty sure I know the truth about why you pounce on my posts and it's not fitting of a supposed "Moderator".

10. #10 / 17
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

whoa... slow down. i wasn't trying to be a dick, far from it. and forgive me if you feel picked on - i have no issues with you or any of your comments (that i know of). i would love to know why you feel like i "pounce on your posts"?

i only responded because of this particular comment, " the credentials committee has flagged Team WarGear as a bit suspect after reviewing their profiles." -- i was wondering if there was a callout for colluding/multiple user names, as that was how i read it. I just tried to say i didn't seeing anything like that. i read too much into it apparently, sorry.

as to 'redaction'; WTF did i redact? i quoted a specific portion of your comment to respond to it (as opposed to the whole of it). AND i was trying to point out my foibles and offer insight.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

11. #11 / 17
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Haha, redaction....... I have a darkscreen and a quote looks like it is redacted, my bad.

However, receipts:

12. #12 / 17
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Y'all just reminded me of a lesson I learned post covid; coming back to my office.

Despite all the TEAMs meetings, emails, and slack messages . . . face-to-face chats are so very important for morale and real tech transfer; especially between casual acquaintances at work. They allow for niceties and small distractions . . . and for the occasional useful passing of valuable and unexpected information. Text (and I'll argue Teams meetings) never allow for easy civilized interactions.

13. #13 / 17
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i wonder if that's related to my issue that i've posted in the help forum. I get quotes that show up like this from time to time:

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

14. #14 / 17
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

So who are in final wave of the WF diaspora, i.e. they've joined us here only because WF is now gone?

15. #15 / 17
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:So who are in final wave of the WF diaspora, i.e. they've joined us here only because WF is now gone?

That's right. You can get to the login page, but no further.

16. #16 / 17
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think I haven't logged on over there in over ten years. I cut my teeth designing a few boards over there (I barely remember which ones but "King of the Mountains" was one).

I seem to remember that WF was too glitchy even back then, so I checked this site out. The fact that it had an active community and excellent support made moving over here an easy decision. The steady growth of designer features became a huge bonus. That growth slowed significantly five or so years ago, but at that point they were fairly well-developed and light years ahead of what WF offered.

You'll find there are board designs over here that enable all kinds of twists on the standard Risk experience, including a number that use its powerful designer features to create boards that are quite un-risk like. Tom continues to make a few tweaks here and there and is an active admin.

Welcome Clan WF. Enjoy!

17. #17 / 17
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Warfish gone? That saddens me, though I haven't logged in over there in years.

Still, it was where I started online Risk and I'll have fond memories of it and it had a good look and feel for it's time, though I didn't enjoy the last several months I played on it, with all the players migrating over here and the glitches that went unattended and increased in scope.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)