218 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Why are there times where the Attack window will pop up automatically if there is only one territory available to attack and other times only the single attack line is drawn?  I thought it had to do with if there were other types of borders (ie Fortify Only), but I don't think that is always the case. 

I think the same thing happens with the Fortify window occasionally as well.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

2. #2 / 7
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Example please :)

(it should pop up when there is only one available choice btw)

3. #3 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

In this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/8720 the past few turns (thanks to asm {#emotions_dlg.evil}!) I've attacked from Ered Luin (upper left) to The Blue Mountains while owning all other surrounding territories.  It draws the line and even highlights it yellow (that may not make a difference although I thought it did), but the window doesn't pop up until I click on The Blue Mountains.

If I find other examples I'll post them too, because at other times it works as intended.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

4. #4 / 7
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

This happens to me all the time as well. I'd say maybe a little less than half the time it draws the line but no popup window and the other ~60% of the time the window pops up as it should. Never brought it up because I suspected it might be a hassle to chase down.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

5. #5 / 7
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

there are a couple on the dungeon map...hold on while i get the PM i sent to Ed....

Ed replied:

I've seen that happen on a few boards.  Sometimes it allows you, sometimes it doesn't.  I think it has something to do with adding a two way border from A to B and B to A.  I won't allow you to add from A to B twice, but it will allow B to A and A to B.  Ask tom about it.

weathertop wrote

Hey Ed, there's been something niggling me when playing dungeon here at WG and i think i finally put my finger on it (sort of). there's something wrong with the borders on Pit of Despair 4 (Lime +2 bonus area) and Infirmary 8 (Red +4 just to the left).

Seems that i have to select where to attack even if there is only one option (for example if i have all my armies in PoD4 and own PoD2 but not PoD3, it should automatically choose to attack PoD3 when i ask to attack - same with the other spot). and looking at the 'territories' under the board tab it doesn't show properly.

Don't Taze Me Bro!
    Edited Tue 2nd Feb 10:15 [history]

6. #6 / 7
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Should be easy to fix I'll look into it, thanks guys.

7. #7 / 7
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

This should now be fixed - this was caused by a bug with the Designer where if you clicked Save more than once very quickly it was possible to start off two separate processes on the server which were both updating the same board data. This led to duplication of borders (and occasionally other board data) which explains you were also experiencing strange things when modifying borders Kjeld.

This has been fixed in the new version of the Designer which uses a save progress dialog to prevent the Save button from being pressed again while a previous Save is occurring.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)