199 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

This is a question for Tom, but other may be interested in the answer so I'll post it here.

What kind of limits do we have for board creation? 

I'm specifically interested now in whether or not there is a set number of continents that a board may have, but the same may be asked of territories and borders.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

2. #2 / 5
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

As far as I can tell, the hard limits are 1MB file size and 2000x2000 pixels on image dimension, and there are no limits to the number of territories or continents.

And yes, I am already working on a 2000x2000 map of the world with states, microstates, and small countries. It will take mostly forever to finish.

Happy Birthday to the ground!!!

3. #3 / 5
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote: As far as I can tell, the hard limits are 1MB file size and 2000x2000 pixels on image dimension, and there are no limits to the number of territories or continents.

I'm fairly certain that tom confirmed the 1MB as the only current restriction (seems like he was surprised about the dimension restriction, but that sounds reasonable).

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

4. #4 / 5
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

the "gods of the Titans" board has 1300+ borders on it and it handled that no prob so I'm also wondering if there's a limit

5. #5 / 5
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Cramchakle wrote: As far as I can tell, the hard limits are 1MB file size and 2000x2000 pixels on image dimension, and there are no limits to the number of territories or continents.

I'm fairly certain that tom confirmed the 1MB as the only current restriction (seems like he was surprised about the dimension restriction, but that sounds reasonable).

Yep that's right - still not sure why there is a pixel size limit, I think that's a flash restriction. But it seems pretty reasonable anyway :)

There are no hard limits to borders / continents / territories, the only caveat is that it might start impacting the speed of the flash Player on slower computers if you go completely crazy.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)