211 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 13
    Standard Member RoastedPickles
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I played Hordes of china for the first time recently and was just looking for some good setup based boards . Not sure if you can search that in the boards tab , couldn't seem to find the option . are there any like War Gear Warfare ?

Any good board suggestions would be awesome though! Thanks !

2. #2 / 13
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Not sure what you mean by setup based. 

If you want something like classic risk, try micro mission, Australian risk, Europe 1560, and antastic 

3. #3 / 13
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

what do you mean by "stepup?"   From a Board designer's perspective, Setup means that players' positions are predetermined. In that sense WarGear Warfare doesn't have a "setup."

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

4. #4 / 13
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

wasn't sure how to explain it so I went to Hordes of China's gameplay setting description and that's what it was labeled as in its initial setup. but classis risk is what I meant , probably would have been easier just to say that baha. Thanks for the board suggestions BTdubs ill check em out

5. #5 / 13
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

RP:  Or maybe what you're asking about is "Territory Selection?"
    As in: When the game starts, you get to select your preferred locations and then country distribution is based on your ranking?  If so, then the list of boards that were named above won't provide you that.  In which case you should look at Ancient Isles of Kjeldor or GearStorm, both of which are fun maps.

6. #6 / 13
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If by "Classic" you mean no fancy gadgets like factories or border dice modifications, the the best way to find these is to go to the Boards page and click off the filters for Medium and Hard - leaving Beginner "ON." Hordes is not really a beginner board because of the way bonuses work and you also weren't clear about whether or not you liked the Hordes bonus feature.  It is still not clear what you mean by "Classic Risk." Are you looking just for a World Map with the exact same borders but perhaps just a different image?  "World War" is such a map.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Thu 25th Jun 18:11 [history]

7. #7 / 13
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

From BTF's list - be forewarned that Ancient Isles of Kjeldor has many twists (d4 dice, aggressiv card amounts, huge bonuses, attack modifiers, etc.) that makes it play much different than a classic RISK-like board.

GearStorm though is a great straight-up map.  And so are those in BT's list.

8. #8 / 13
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

simply I was looking for "territory selection maps" M57. but I will probably try out all the map mentioned either way

9. #9 / 13
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

If you're looking to try out a board or two in private games with some people who will show you how they are played, M57 started a forum post for people interested in unranked (private) games so that the points don't count.  There are a bunch of people who would be glad to show you around to some new boards (the four people who are responding to this forum post are all willing competitors....)

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4131/Unranked_Games_signup

10. #10 / 13
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Pirates of the Caribbean also hasa territory selection scenario

11. #11 / 13
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RoastedPickles, here is a link to a game of Ancient Isles if you want to join. It is my favorite map and the territory selection feature is one of the reasons. Let me know if you have any questions about the map, I would be happy to share.

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/449001

12. #12 / 13
    Standard Member AfroDaby
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Global+Warfare has a bunch of scenarios, including turn-based territory selection and unit placement, just like the real board game if that's what you're looking for...it does take forever for a game to get started though unless everyone is online at the same time. But if you're looking the real board game, that's as close as you'll get IMO. I'll be happy to play with you or anyone who wants.

13. #13 / 13
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

afraid im a little late to join that game abishai. thanks any ways tho ! and im down ozy and madbomber tho it seems like there might be a bit of sarcasm ?? cant tell , never played the map baha

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)