229 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm working on a board and am trying to maintain 10 neutral on a territory from turn to turn.  I used AutoNeutralReset, which zaps the neutral count down to 1, and then I'm using Universal +N to add 9 troops to bring the neutral count to the desired 10 armies.  If I attack the stack partially so that it is not conquered and remains neutral then it works and keeps resetting to 10 neutral.  If I complete the conquest, however, then, on the next players turn it has done the AutoNeutralReset, but has not added the 9 to bring the neutral count back up to ten.  So the next player only ends up finding 1 neutral there instead of the 10 it should be.

It takes a while to get to the point in the game to see if this territory is working properly, and, without restarting my test game, I changed AutoNeutralReset to have a bonus of 10 and a cap of ten, hoping that that would put the ten back during the AutoNeutralReset, but, it is still acting the same as before.  So, either this other way doesn't work either, or, the game needs to be restarted for it to work that way?

So, to any veteran board makers who have done stuff like this, if I reset the game will the second method work, or, should I do it another way before I play all the way to that point to see if it is working.

Thanks!

2. #2 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Wish I could help, but around the time AutoNeutralReset, etc. became available is when I stopped playing with the advanced functions.  You might be breaking new ground here.

3. #3 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Is the territory capped?  I'm not sure what you want the territory to do. Do you want it to stay neutral all the time - even if it is captured? Which or how many continents are there that trigger the auto neutral reset ..1 or 1 for each player?

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

4. #4 / 8
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Is the territory capped?  I'm not sure what you want the territory to do. Do you want it to stay neutral all the time - even if it is captured? Which or how many continents are there that trigger the auto neutral reset ..1 or 1 for each player?

In the setup the territory has a max of 25 units.  I had not originally capped it in my first attempt when I was using AutoNeutralReset and Universal +N, but, when I changed it to AutoNetralReset with a bonus of 10, I turned on the cap so that it would keep it at no more then ten units... Though, since it is a "reset", I'm sure that the cap is largely irrelevant and I could leave it off there too.  I just put it because I'm screwing with the setting trying to get the desired result.

I want the territory to be a neutral blockade to completing a task.  Once you "defeat" the ten that are there and occupy the space, then the player can enjoy the benefits of the space for the remainder of their turn with however many troops they have remaining after defeating the 10.  Once they end their turn, however, the spot should revert to ten neutral for the start of the next player's turn so they too will have to defeat ten neutral if they want to enjoy the benefits of occupying the space.  When they end their turn, back to being ten neutral, and so on, and so forth.  The problem I'm having is that when a player passes it on to neutral, it wasn't adding the troops and was just resetting back to 1, not 10.  It shouldn't be so difficult to program as it's just a simple task like your crown in War of Roses and Renaissance Wars, except it does not end the game when taken, like your crown, and instead has to go back to having the same neutral count after that player ends their turn.   it's just that it takes about half an hour to play to the point that I can see if it's working, so, if I could enjoy your insight on the best way to achieve the desired effect before I test it again, it would be appreciated!

There is a territory for every player that is supposed to trigger the effect at the beginning of their turn and can use whatever combination of AutoNeutral, AutoNeutralReset, Caps and/or Universal +N, or anything else you might think of using, to achieve the desired result.

Thanks!

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Use an autoneutralreset continent for each player with the neutral territory set as the factory. Set the bonus value to 9 if abandon is off and 10 if abandon is on. Caps should be irrelevant.

There is a two pass system for triggering factories. So, your Universal+N factory is probably not triggering because during the 1st pass it is owned by you not neutral.

6. #6 / 8
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:

Use an autoneutralreset continent for each player with the neutral territory set as the factory. Set the bonus value to 9 if abandon is off and 10 if abandon is on. Caps should be irrelevant.

There is a two pass system for triggering factories. So, your Universal+N factory is probably not triggering because during the 1st pass it is owned by you not neutral.

That's what I had tried in my second attempt, but, saving and refreshing the board and then ending to the other player's turn did not work (the change did not reflect, I guess?).  I take it that that then requires a complete restart to reflect the changes?  So, I should restart and then play through and it will hopefully now work?

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I haven't needed to restart for continent changes in the past. It should take effect on the next person's turn, but if it doesn't you can try restarting.

8. #8 / 8
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I did have to restart, but, all good now!  The second method I used, and the one you suggested, worked.

I think I'll even restart the dev games I started just to make sure they play properly.

Thanks for your help Korrun.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)