223 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member renjason
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Game is not allowing unit Placement for Elimination bonus units.

It's not super important to the outcome of this game/tournament, but I thought I should report the bug anyway. Is there a way I can bump/reset this myself, or is it best to report it here?

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/366323?player=flash

2. #2 / 11
    Standard Member CK66
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Colossal Crusade allows for units to be held in reserve and there's no return to placement from attack.

Long story short - it's working correctly and you have to wait until your next turn.

The one exception would be if you captured enough cards to force you to trade in. Then you would be able to place your units from cards and the elimination bonus.

3. #3 / 11
    Standard Member renjason
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

CK66 wrote: Colossal Crusade allows for units to be held in reserve and there's no return to placement from attack.

Interesting. I always thought that elimination bonuses have been (and should) trigger an immediate unit placement.

Oh well. I'll live with it, but maybe this is worth discussing. One would assume that a board designer would want elimination bonuses to be immediate. (i haven't build a map before, so maybe there already is a separate toggle to give them this option.)

Thanks for your response CK66

4. #4 / 11
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

renjason wrote:
    CK66 wrote: Colossal Crusade allows for units to be held in reserve and there's no return to placement from attack.

Interesting. I always thought that elimination bonuses have been (and should) trigger an immediate unit placement.

Oh well. I'll live with it, but maybe this is worth discussing. One would assume that a board designer would want elimination bonuses to be immediate. (i haven't build a map before, so maybe there already is a separate toggle to give them this option.)

Thanks for your response CK66

Agree with RenJason.. I'm pretty sure that with the absence of reserves the same settings (return to attack OFF) lets players place elimination bonuses.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

5. #5 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

renjason wrote:

One would assume that a board designer would want elimination bonuses to be immediate. (i haven't build a map before, so maybe there already is a separate toggle to give them this option.)

If the board designer wants elimination bonus to be immediate, they have to set reserves to zero (or more precisely, reserves have to be less than the elimination bonus).  That's basically their control over it. 

6. #6 / 11
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    renjason wrote:

One would assume that a board designer would want elimination bonuses to be immediate. (i haven't build a map before, so maybe there already is a separate toggle to give them this option.)

If the board designer wants elimination bonus to be immediate, they have to set reserves to zero (or more precisely, reserves have to be less than the elimination bonus).  That's basically their control over it. 

So if the Elim bonus is 25, and reserves allowed is 10, then with Back to Attack OFF, a player should get to place 15, right?

7. #7 / 11
    Standard Member CK66
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:
    renjason wrote:

So if the Elim bonus is 25, and reserves allowed is 10, then with Back to Attack OFF, a player should get to place 15, right?

This would kick the player back to the unit placement phase where they would have to place a minimum of 15 units, but could place all 25.

8. #8 / 11
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hmm.. that is a bit odd.  As a designer, I think there are some instances where this makes sense, but then I can think of others where I would prefer a bit more control.  In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. The mechanics simply need to be thoughtfully attended to by the designer.

9. #9 / 11
    Premium Member Snake Eyes
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

So when playing a Colossal Crusade game and you know you will be eliminating an opponent this turn, leave 11 armies in reserve.  When you receive your elimination bonus, it will trigger a return to placement.

10. #10 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

you think that going over the reserve limit will push you to return to placement? i didn't assume that.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

11. #11 / 11
    Premium Member Snake Eyes
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Yes.  I've done it before on that map.

I was incorrect though earlier.  6 is the magic number to keep in reserve.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)