204 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member RECON
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I am playing in a tournament game of Europe 1560.  I have a set of cards but chose to not play them this turn.  I placed my armies, did 2 attacks and just before I changed to Fortify I went to see another game I was playing.  I then came back to the Europe 1560 game clicked on Flash Player and what came up in addition to the board was the option to turn in cards.  I clicked on that option and the cards I had came up.  

Is this supposed to happen?  Can I actually get my bonus armies from my cards and place them and attack with them, again?  Or is it  a glitch.  

I rarely play the game but don't ever remember this happening.  I haven't gone past the point of seeing my cards displayed at the point where you then select which ones you want to play.

For a board designer this might be a really cool thing to incorporate into a game.  Maybe you can only do it once or something but as I was thinking about it I got really interested in the possibilities it represented.

Of course I am pretty sure it's just a glitch.

2. #2 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

it depends on what the settings are. if you want to try it, you can. likely it will say that's not a valid phase and keep you from doin it. if you don't even want to try, just click out of it.

link to the game and i can look at the rules set up. some boards DO allow return to placement from attack (which would also be where you could turn in to place armies). not all though.

EDIT: nevermind i see the link in the post header! and no, that board does not have an option for return to placement from attack.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Mon 7th Jul 22:57 [history]

3. #3 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yes, as weathertop says, it will not actually let you turn in cards.

It would be nice though if the player didn't pop up with that if you were in the attack or fortify phase.   I remember being confused by it at first also, and I'm sure lots of others are.

4. #4 / 8
    Standard Member RECON
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

You're right, when I tried to click on my cards to select which ones to play it  wouldn't allow me to do so.

I do think it would be neat if a board designer allowed you to do something like that once a game.  I see it as being different than return to placement after an attack.  Just another type of variation that could be a big deal at just the right time.

5. #5 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

the way the player works i don't know if it'd be possible (and if it is, its guaranteed to not be easy) to do it without tying it to the phase.

Ozy: there's a personal setting in there somewhere where you can choose to turn off the card player pop-up unless you're forced to turn in.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member RECON
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

the way the player works i don't know if it'd be possible (and if it is, its guaranteed to not be easy) to do it without tying it to the phase.

Ha ha.  I once had a software designer who wrote an operating system for my business and he said, "...it is clear that you don't have a clue how hard it is to do what you are asking or you wouldn't ask for it.  Although, it often is challenging enough to be really interesting." 

So, I haven't changed.

7. #7 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I've released an update which should fix this bug. It's just a Native player update for now.

Edited Thu 10th Jul 11:52 [history]

8. #8 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

nice.  Thanks Tom!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)