221 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #41 / 52
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote: It's just a rumor at this point, but apparently the kid's father maintains a couple hundred active games on Wargear. ;)

HAHAHAHA!!!!  *Standing ovation*

Also:

I guess he'd woulda have to have learned it from me though eh? 

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but by saying "Listen Linda" as opposed to "Listen Mom" made me jump to the conclusion that this kid has heard the mom's husband arguing with her this same way in the past.  But only as I write this do I ask myself whether maybe she's a step-parent....??

2. #42 / 52
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

But lookit, lookit - she's the mother.

3. #43 / 52
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Mother maybe, Parent no. 

I was thinking it might be a bitter pill - maybe she talks to him like that, and he's just giving it right back.

If I ever talk(ed) to my Mom that way she'd smack me... and I suspect if I was three and talked to anybody that way she probably would have smacked me too... {#emotions_dlg.blackeye} brave little soul that kid is.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

4. #44 / 52
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i was under the impression that it was a babysitting situation (daycare or whatever).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #45 / 52
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

No, there's several clips of this family. She's the mom...kid's gonna be a nightmare.

I hope it doesn't come across that I'm denigrating the site in any way. I think folks aught to be able to play as much as they want to a 'reasonable' level. The reasonable level differs by person. I like the idea of a boot curve as mentioned by a couple posters above.

6. #46 / 52
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

To Show Thingol I do feel his pain - from my game list - showing time remaining

Edited Sun 27th Apr 19:46 [history]

7. #47 / 52
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Hmmm...

I can see how this can be frustrating for someone with a 10 game cap, but since were talking about a few people (or it seems like one in particular) is this something that needs to be legislated? Take time from Tom's other projects (which are legion)?

Has someone tried emailing(not just in game or on the wall) the individual about not starting any more games until they can get caught up to the ones they started? Or, ask Tom to do so?

Or, from another perspective why not use this information in game play. If you know this person is likely to lag or bomb use that in your strategy. 

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

8. #48 / 52
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I rarely join games.

All my games are 1 day timer.

Avoids all worries about this such matter.

Off Topic!

9. #49 / 52
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Itsnot, this person was joining darn near every open game for awhile. I don't know where you came up with 10-game cap. I was throwing numbers around like 70 or 80 or something along the lines of the boot curve mentioned by a couple folks.

This particular player was also CWalder previously and racked up tons of boots under that name and was likely other aliases prior to that with similar behavior. You wanna cater to that type of behavior, go right ahead. Not I.

10. #50 / 52
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

standard members have a 10 game cap...which if all are tied up by one player could be troublesome

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

11. #51 / 52
    Premium Member Snake Eyes
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

standard members have a 10 game cap...which if all are tied up by one player could be troublesome

But they aren't actually tied up, are they?

We are still talking about games that you joined, knowing the timer limits of each players turn.  And each players turn takes a maximum of that time limit whether they take the turn or not.  If they get booted, turns go even faster now.

Don't get me wrong, at the very beginning when I first joined, I grabbed a huge game with a 7 day limit thinking it would be fun.  When it just kept going and just kept being not my turn... I get it.  I have never joined another game with a seven day limit.  But I also knew that I chose it, it would end eventually, and there were other games I had. 

If this one particular person can join so many games and clog them all, I as a new player also have one month free to join other games that are not clogged.

12. #52 / 52
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i was answering Thingol's question "I don't know where you came up with a 10game cap" forgot to use the quote box.

I've not really got a dog in this fight; though if I had to weigh in, I guess i'd be on the side of no limit. while it could potentially be frustrating, there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

if there really needs to be something done, then at most i'd have that someone with the biggest ax to grind ask tom if tom would want to say something to the offending player.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)