217 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

My mom's vacation ends today, but she is still unable to take her turns.  Can I extend the vacation for her?  Do I create a new vacation that starts tomorrow, or one that starts today to extend it?  

2. #2 / 8
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

When I've done it in the past, I've created a second vacation that starts today, and ends whenever in the future it needs to.
    Once entered, your turns are covered, and you can end the previous vacation.

When I did it the way that they don't overlap (start the new vacation "tomorrow") my first vacation ended, before my second one started, and I missed turns.

At least that's my memory of it.

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Let us know if Boris's method works, Ozy.  In the past I wasn't able to set a new vacation period while I had one active.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

4. #4 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sorry, I didn't see Boris's message until too late, so I just played my mom's turns for her.

5. #5 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The way it has worked in the past (and how I believe it is supposed to work) is that you just set another Vacation for the next day and out from there... ie January 1 to January 2, then set another for January 3 to January 5.  The second vacation is supposed to pick up before the skips occur.

You have been granted the title of Strategist!

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

The way it has worked in the past (and how I believe it is supposed to work) is that you just set another Vacation for the next day and out from there... ie January 1 to January 2, then set another for January 3 to January 5.  The second vacation is supposed to pick up before the skips occur.

I do this all the time. Works fine.

7. #7 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

smoke wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

I do this all the time. Works fine.

ditto, this is how i got thru my hiatus with only minimal boots (and those happened cus i forgot to extend it or couldn't get internet to do so).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

8. #8 / 8
    Premium Member Farm Wife
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I did it that way too-I had one set Jan 2-3, and then realized I wasn't going to get to a computer in time so I went on my phone and just set another one to start Jan 4th.  I was afraid that at the stroke of  midnight between the 3rd/4th it might skip me but it didn't-they flowed together seamlessly.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)