4 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/5611

Rules clearly show a minimum bonus of 3, but players are complaining of not receiving it.

Like your grandpa, but angrier.

(If you need help with map design, look me up via AIM @ cramchakle)

2. #2 / 9
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Looks like the minimum is implemented as a minimum territory bonus, but your negative bonuses are overwhelming it. The +- thing is just because he "gets" negative 3 or however many. That particular foible is merely a display issue, not calculation.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

3. #3 / 9
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

It would be great if the "minimum bonus" setting made a hard line that nothing could drag your bonus below. Leave in the option to set that line as a negative, as I can see some interesting gameplay options there.

Like your grandpa, but angrier.

(If you need help with map design, look me up via AIM @ cramchakle)

4. #4 / 9
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote: It would be great if the "minimum bonus" setting made a hard line that nothing could drag your bonus below. Leave in the option to set that line as a negative, as I can see some interesting gameplay options there.

Yes please, I can do some cool stuff with that.

Also, I'd like to see negative numbers in the card scale.

Plus, I want a way that you could (through negative bonuses, or cards) receive negative troops and therefore have to remove troops instead of place them on your turn.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.
    Edited Fri 18th Dec 14:10 [history]

5. #5 / 9
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

As correctly surmised above by asm, the minimum bonus value applies to the territory bonus calculation only, then it is added to the total bonus as follows:

total_bonus = territory_bonus + continent_bonus

There is then a check to ensure the total_bonus never goes below zero.

I could quite easily change this calculation so that the minimum bonus value applies to the total_bonus value, I'm trying to think if there are any boards out there (esp. ones already Live on WarGear) where this would cause a problem, anyone have any thoughts on this?

6. #6 / 9
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Is this resolved? I'm getting a +-2 Total in this game http://www.wargear.net/games/player/5611 when the Min is set at 3, so I'm really getting 0. I'll wait to take my turn (although I don't really care if I get the 3 or not since it's a Dev game).

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.

7. #7 / 9
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

This has been partially resolved - the continent bonus is now set so that it can never be less than zero in the game engine and on the game view page. It still displays incorrectly in the Player pending the update that I'm working on going live.

8. #8 / 9
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: This has been partially resolved - the continent bonus is now set so that it can never be less than zero in the game engine and on the game view page. It still displays incorrectly in the Player pending the update that I'm working on going live.

So should this be fixed with the last update?  In this game http://www.wargear.net/games/player/6742 Krock has a -2 territory and the Flash Player displays he is only getting a +1 bonus when the Min is set to +3.  The Total on the Game info page displays 3, and I believe he received the +3 last turn. 

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

9. #9 / 9
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Should be correct now thanks Yertle.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)