219 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 15
    Standard Member Min Lei
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

i'm trying to construct my first game board, and when i use the upload function it send me to my computer's index as you would expect.  but when i click on the photo i want and hit "open", the loading icon just sits there inactive.  i've tried opening both a pdf and a jpeg version of the map photo i want to use, and the same thing (doesn't) happen/s.  what's going on?

Edited Fri 8th Mar 23:05 [history]

2. #2 / 15
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

pdf definitely will not work.  I don't know about jpg.  I always use png.  Try that.

Are you using a mac?  I know there are some problems with macs.

3. #3 / 15
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

pdf definitely will not work.  I don't know about jpg.  I always use png.  Try that.

Are you using a mac?  I know there are some problems with macs.

What exactly are the problems with macs?

I'm using a mac, and can't upload a .png.  It is very frustrating.  No, I don't have Windows.  Nor do I wish to.

For the record, the image that I wish to upload is for the educational contest.  It is:

Image for Merge Sort board

Edited Sat 9th Mar 03:12 [history]

4. #4 / 15
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Damn, I learned something already.  I'm gonna have to step up my game for this one. =:0)

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

5. #5 / 15
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

On a Mac, from the Design page (before you open the designer for your map), there is an "action" feature.

Right-click/upload.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #6 / 15
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

On a Mac, from the Design page (before you open the designer for your map), there is an "action" feature.

Right-click/upload.

Thanks!  That worked!

Unfortunately I can't set the pictures for the cards that way.  I wanted to set the cards to John von Neumann, Tony Hoare, Donald Knuth and then Jeff Dean for the wild card.  (Nobody will know who Jeff Dean is, but maybe someone will..educate themselves.  Inside of Google he's widely credited for having made Google what it is.)

7. #7 / 15
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

Damn, I learned something already.  I'm gonna have to step up my game for this one. =:0)

Thanks for the compliment!

Hopefully others will agree, and the board will prove playable.

8. #8 / 15
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

btilly wrote:
    M57 wrote:

Right-click/upload.

Thanks!  That worked!

Unfortunately I can't set the pictures for the cards that way.  I wanted to set the cards to John von Neumann, Tony Hoare, Donald Knuth and then Jeff Dean for the wild card.  (Nobody will know who Jeff Dean is, but maybe someone will..educate themselves.  Inside of Google he's widely credited for having made Google what it is.)

For some reason, cards upload just fine from the card tab inside the designer.  Go figure.

9. #9 / 15
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    btilly wrote:
    M57 wrote:

Right-click/upload.

Thanks!  That worked!

For some reason, cards upload just fine from the card tab inside the designer.  Go figure.

Not for me they don't.  At least not on Safari or Firefox.

It may not help that I have an older mac.

10. #10 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Try Chrome, I haven't had any problems and don't have to use the special Mac upload either.

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

11. #11 / 15
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Try Chrome, I haven't had any problems and don't have to use the special Mac upload either.

Chrome won't work for me either.

I've got a 2008 Macbook running OS 10.5.8.  When that operating system was end of lifed by Apple, Chrome stopped supporting me as well.  When Flash developed a vulnerability, Chrome blocked flash for my own good.

I am slowly being pushed towards buying a new computer, which I don't want to.  In the meantime I'll need to borrow a computer from someone.

12. #12 / 15
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>I am slowly being pushed towards buying a new computer, which I don't want to. 

How about just a new OS?

13. #13 / 15
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

>I am slowly being pushed towards buying a new computer, which I don't want to. 

How about just a new OS?

I hate spending on the new shiny just because it is the new shiny.  Particularly when I'm not sure how much they test on my hardware, and my laptop is starting to show hardware problems.

No, I really need a laptop from this decade.  I am just resisting it.

14. #14 / 15
    Standard Member Min Lei
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

hey guys, thanks for all this feedback.   M57, in the design page, are you talking about the "action" column at the end of the 1-line spreadsheet?  for some reason, that's the only icon on the spreadsheet that ISN'T active for me to click.

am i missing something?  is there another action icon on that page?

unfortunately, png didn't work for me either.  after "opening" the pic, the upload icon remained on the screen inactive, as if i hadn't chosen an image yet. 

p.s.  yes, i am using a Mac

Edited Sun 17th Mar 11:25 [history]

15. #15 / 15
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Min Lei wrote:

hey guys, thanks for all this feedback.   M57, in the design page, are you talking about the "action" column at the end of the 1-line spreadsheet?  for some reason, that's the only icon on the spreadsheet that ISN'T active for me to click.

It's not something you click on, like you would most any other button or link on that page.

You have to right-click (or equivalent) on it.

am i missing something?  is there another action icon on that page?

unfortunately, png didn't work for me either.  after "opening" the pic, the upload icon remained on the screen inactive, as if i hadn't chosen an image yet. 

p.s.  yes, i am using a Mac

Edited Sun 17th Mar 13:55 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)