181 Open Daily games
5 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I've played the divide map a couple of times.  Both times, there were people who opted to time out their turns when it was clear that they lost.  This slowed the game, and caused them to return to neutral.  This was particularly irritating in the first game because the elimination bonuses could have shifted the first game.

I've not encountered this behavior so much on other maps.

What are people's thoughts on having others decide to not play when they have lost?  Would there be any support for booting people, but leaving their material on the board marked their color so that the elimination bonus would be possible to get?

2. #2 / 4
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

This has been discussed a lot.   I think the best solution is the 'stupid AI' that has been proposed.  Basically when someone is kicked/booted a very simple AI takes over for them.  Each turn it randomly places units and then if it has a spot it has a >50% chance of winning it tries to attack to get a card.

3. #3 / 4
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

btilly wrote:

What are people's thoughts on having others decide to not play when they have lost? 

They are jerks if it is common practice for them.

btilly wrote:

Would there be any support for booting people, but leaving their material on the board marked their color so that the elimination bonus would be possible to get?

Possibly. 

4. #4 / 4
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:
    btilly wrote:

Would there be any support for booting people, but leaving their material on the board marked their color so that the elimination bonus would be possible to get?

Possibly. 

This is not a bad idea.. I would prefer a dumbot, but this seems like a feasible solution in the shorter term.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)