229 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Currently you can see red, yellow or green intending to be a guideline to watch your dice modifiers... but currently there is no way to plan a turn or see the dice modifier between two locations unless you are attacking!

Designer comments are nice when accurate and perfect, but sometimes these may be generalities such as "Mountains gain an advantage when attacking plains" or "Plains have a disadvantage when attacking Hills". 

You may have no idea whether this means mountains use more sides or plains use less sides etc.  I would picture this to be displayed by a "border modifier" tab in the board explorer where you can select one spot and then select a spot it can attack and see the attacker and defender dice sides (similarly in simulgear you would show attacker/defender %'s). 

Apologies if this is already out there.

2. #2 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Clarity in design is an issue that the Review board should always be concerned about.  If you can't figure it out by looking at the map, or at least from reading a concise description in the designer comments, then the board really shouldn't have passed in the first place.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

When you are in a game and go to board explorer, then click on borders, and then hover over the line it shows attack and defend percentage.  This is what I use 'in game' to see attack and defend %.  Is this not what you are looking for?  It won't account for fatigue, but should account for modifiers I think.

4. #4 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Aye to what Squint said.
    As for what M said, that's always been a tough balance for "how good is good enough", normally coincides with how good/clear are the graphics.

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

5. #5 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

FYI: hover doesn't work in IE

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #6 / 8
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

FYI: hover doesn't work in IE

Ah, that's why I didn't notice - I use IE typically.  %'s would be Simulgear though not Regular.

7. #7 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Isn't the Board Explorer link sufficient for this purpose? I know it should be integrated into the Native player but that's what it's for.

8. #8 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Isn't the Board Explorer link sufficient for this purpose? I know it should be integrated into the Native player but that's what it's for.

I believe we're talking about the Board Explorer page, but that the only way to see Modifiers is by the hover over, which supposedly is not working in IE?

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)