1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Lieutenant poq poq is offline now
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

too bad that team-only boards don't really have a public ranking.

• AvA Bomber Command
    • The Walking Dead
    • etc.

2. #2 / 7
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

poq wrote:

too bad that team-only boards don't really have a public ranking.

• AvA Bomber Command
    • The Walking Dead
    • etc.

+1

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

3. #3 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I argued once that team games should go into overall rankings.  TI didn't happen of course -

An alternative I have been thinking about would be a separate BC - type ranking for team games.

I know I enjoy team games - and esp. the board The Walking Dead - and would like some sort of rankings on that board

4. #4 / 7
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

There is a board specific global team score. Why not use that?

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

By the way, Tom, can you separate the charts for specific scenarios? For some boards the different scenarios represent totally different game designs. A good example is Kjeld's War of the Ring map. There are two different team scenarios and one FFA, so most statistics displayed in the charts have lost all meaning. Also, the winning position chart would be incredibly useful if it were scenario specific. You could instantly tell if a scenario is balanced or not.

6. #6 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>Also, the winning position chart would be incredibly useful if it were scenario specific. You could instantly tell if a scenario is balanced or not.

Not necessarily.  For example,  in my invention map, I would love to know if the various seats are balanced, but the charts give stats by seat position (i.e. 1st to go, 2nd to to, etc.), whereas what I'd like to see is stats for red wins, vs. green wins, etc.

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

>Also, the winning position chart would be incredibly useful if it were scenario specific. You could instantly tell if a scenario is balanced or not.

Not necessarily.  For example,  in my invention map, I would love to know if the various seats are balanced, but the charts give stats by seat position (i.e. 1st to go, 2nd to to, etc.), whereas what I'd like to see is stats for red wins, vs. green wins, etc.

I assumed the colors are fixed to specific seat numbers for most scenarios. In the Muster of Rohan, for example, I believe gold is always in seat number one. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)