211 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 20
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Is there a way to have a territory either revert to neutral 0 at the end of a turn always or for it to be assigned to the player whos turn it is every time ?

2. #2 / 20
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

For the first option, I don't see how you can make it revert to neutral.

Assuming abandon is on - you could make it a factory pointing to itself, with a bonus of -500, but the player would still retain ownership.

Re: second option.

This requires you to make every territory on the map a capital:

Make a non-capital off-map (hidden if you prefer) territory for each player.  Make it an Auto-Capture factory with a bonus of 0 and point it to the territory on the board that you want assigned for each player at the beginning of his/her turn. 

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Fri 23rd Nov 19:25 [history]

3. #3 / 20
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think M57 is a bit off on both responses, actually.

1. Turn on abandon and turn on revert to neutral immediately. Then proceed with the large negative factory bonus on self as M57 mentions. Should work just fine.

2. Capitals aren't definitely necessary. You could also have every territory on the map (or some cluster of territories that every player is at least guaranteed to have if they're still in the game) would have to (a) be a continent that (b) points an auto-capture factory bonus to the target territory (I haven't tried this, but you might even be able to set the bonus to +0, so that you don't need to worry about a player with a ton of territories getting a +50 or something like that). Anyhow, if you adopt that mechanism, I do not believe there is any need to have capitals involved.

4. #4 / 20
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

I think M57 is a bit off on both responses, actually.

1. Turn on abandon and turn on revert to neutral immediately. Then proceed with the large negative factory bonus on self as M57 mentions. Should work just fine.

Ahh.. turn on revert to neutral immediately.  Forgot about that.

2. Capitals aren't definitely necessary. You could also have every territory on the map (or some cluster of territories that every player is at least guaranteed to have if they're still in the game) would have to (a) be a continent that (b) points an auto-capture factory bonus to the target territory (I haven't tried this, but you might even be able to set the bonus to +0, so that you don't need to worry about a player with a ton of territories getting a +50 or something like that). Anyhow, if you adopt that mechanism, I do not believe there is any need to have capitals involved.

I think K is right -- that's potentially a lot of pointers to the the target territory, but it would eliminate the need for all territories to be capitals.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

5. #5 / 20
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

1. Revert territory: I +1 Kjeld.

2. AutoCapture factory, one that is triggered by a territory that each player owns, and wont lose.  (could even be a hidden one, if you use capitals)  -just like the yin yang in Balance.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

6. #6 / 20
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i am in the process of trying to fix my baseball board, and i think allowing abandon of territory on with revert to nuetral will fix the problem with the batter. my concern is will the dugouts, wich are factory only, will they produce if it goes nuetral ?

7. #7 / 20
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Your batter is your capital right? And I'm assuming that the dugouts factory is just triggered by itself.

You can do two things: change the dugout factory to an autocapture factory, and make it triggered by the batter.

OR

Don't change what you have and Add another factory that is triggered by the batter, autocaptures and gives +0 to the dugout.  Make sure you name it something starting with an "A" so it's triggered at the beginning of the players turn.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

8. #8 / 20
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

the dug out are factorys that produce on themselves. the home plate batter is wherethe problem is. i just want to know if you empty out a factory that produces on itself if it will come back to that player there next turn.

9. #9 / 20
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Nope. If it reverts to neutral, it won't go back.  You have to have something autocapturing it every turn if you want to make sure it's always in possession. Use the capital to capture the dugout.  

10. #10 / 20
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

What's wrong with the batter?

11. #11 / 20
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

if you take the batter, and  the other player does not you are limited to the number of units to attack the field. so if some one gets a player and loads up on it they can keep attacking the infield and you can do little about it. i could put unit placement disabled on the in and out fields, or add return to attack after fortify. but i was hoping to just have the batter revert to nuetral.

12. #12 / 20
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You could make attacks to the batter a guaranteed win, = same thing as neutral batter with 0 units.

13. #13 / 20
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

thats how it is now. the problem is the other player does'nt have to take the batter. once they can hold a player in the field they can take other infielders and or out fielders.

14. #14 / 20
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I get it now. I see what you want to do.  

Definitely create 2 additional autocapture factories, one for each player.  The first one is triggered by left batter, and autocaptures homeplate batter. Call it Autocapture left, and have it produce zero units. 

Make a second one triggered by the right batter, autocapturing home plate batter. Call it autocapture right, and have it produce zero units.

This will do 2 things, ensure the player has the home plate batter at the beginning of their turn, and give them any units the previous player left there, strongly encouraging playing the game in the outfield. 

You could also give the batter an attack advantage to the outfielders, or cap the number of units that can be out there at any given time.

15. #15 / 20
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I don't think you get it ratsy (no offense).

j does not want the player who's turn it is to start with the home plate batter.  He wants to prevent that.

I would suggest you turn on abandonment with revert to neutral and then make sure the dug-out factories are auto-capture.  That way if a player abandons their dugout they will get it back their next turn with their units.  That is the way I have the gun set-up in Gunslinger

16. #16 / 20
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i just tried that amidon, but it did not work. do i need a territory to feed that factory?

17. #17 / 20
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i think i got it now. thanks for all the help everyone.

18. #18 / 20
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Cool.  I'll play a test game if you wish -

19. #19 / 20
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, me too.

20. #20 / 20
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i already changed it. i am 99% sure it will make a huge differance for the game. i just could not figure it out untill now. thanks Amidon

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)