215 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I must be really slow... but I just noticed in a game I'm in that I am able to fortify directly to any territory that I have a path to in an unlimited transfers map. That's... awesome!

2. #2 / 11
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

oh, there are plenty of awesome borders features we, as a mapmaking community, haven't really gotten around to implementing yet. the site is very young, give it some time and you'll start seeing some truly awesome stuff out there.

Cram it.

3. #3 / 11
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Ah, so it's a feature in the map design? That's pretty cool too.

4. #4 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Vataro wrote: Ah, so it's a feature in the map design? That's pretty cool too.

From the Help Rules:

Allow fortification Across bordering territories only, To any connected territory, To any owned territory Allows transfers of troops to only bordering territories, through a continuous set of bordering territories, or to any territory. Each transfer action only counts as one single transfer.

Yertle is here.

5. #5 / 11
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

"Each transfer action only counts as one single transfer"

Interesting... but could you turn that aspect of it off if you wanted to give people easy transfers without getting extra ones by skipping? I guess the feature is more of an issue for unlimited transfers on big maps anyway...

6. #6 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Vataro wrote: "Each transfer action only counts as one single transfer"

Interesting... but could you turn that aspect of it off if you wanted to give people easy transfers without getting extra ones by skipping? I guess the feature is more of an issue for unlimited transfers on big maps anyway...

To your question, No you can't turn change it to not allow it as a single transfer.

To your assumption, I think it can be used in conjunction without unlimited transfers (Cumber's Slasher) though.  The Map Designer should definitely understand the Rule though, or it can result in unexpected gameplay.

Yertle is here.

7. #7 / 11
    (. )( .) Boobies Electric Monk
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

It would be awesome for sneak attacks. :) Used with Fog and return to attack from transfer. You could build stacks in the background to unleash them upon unsuspecting enemies :)

Is my title family friendly?

8. #8 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Electric Monk wrote: It would be awesome for sneak attacks. :) Used with Fog and return to attack from transfer. You could build stacks in the background to unleash them upon unsuspecting enemies :)

Especially with "To any owned territory".

Yertle is here.

9. #9 / 11
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Electric Monk wrote: It would be awesome for sneak attacks. :) Used with Fog and return to attack from transfer. You could build stacks in the background to unleash them upon unsuspecting enemies :)

Especially with "To any owned territory".

Oh man, that should be outlawed for any game claiming to have remotely typical gameplay. Even using that tactic in a regular game with Fog and RtAfT makes me feel a little strange. But with the crazy new transfers... totally not cool.

10. #10 / 11
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I can definitely see some interesting maps being done with that though...

11. #11 / 11
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Vataro wrote: I can definitely see some interesting maps being done with that though...

Anyone ever placed an airfield that allows transfer and attack to any territory?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)