Was meant for my team and not for everyone

2. #2 / 8
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yeah, I've done that before..

Anyways, only if you catch in a certain amount of time -- it seems like you get about 5-10 minutes to delete a post - and only the poster can delete it.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Wed 24th Oct 08:12 [history]

3. #3 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

For those of us who are prone to/paranoid about such goofs you can set a default in your preferences so that your default is "Team Message"

Go to Preferences then under "Preferences" and "Messaging Preferences"

4. #4 / 8
    Standard Member Thomas
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

For those of us who are prone to/paranoid about such goofs you can set a default in your preferences so that your default is "Team Message"

Go to Preferences then under "Preferences" and "Messaging Preferences"

This has to be something for me... thanks for the help guys

5. #5 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

If it's really bad you can always drop me a line - [email protected]

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member Mostly Harmless
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I had suggested a while back that the default setting in any team game regardless of your personal preferences should be "post to team".   The idea didn't get accepted and some argued against it although I don't recall why.   Aside from Tom's time to implement it, it seemed from a design point to be a no-brainer.

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I remember that as well MH. I concurred and some others did too, but the majority seemed opposed.

8. #8 / 8
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Mostly Harmless wrote:

I had suggested a while back that the default setting in any team game regardless of your personal preferences should be "post to team".   The idea didn't get accepted and some argued against it although I don't recall why.   Aside from Tom's time to implement it, it seemed from a design point to be a no-brainer.

Here is the thread.

I see we got off to a tenuous start MH.  I hope we can bury that and move on. At this juncture, I will concede that team posts seem to be a better default for team-play.  At the time, I did put what I thought might be a reasonable compromise on the table. Namely that the default could be set in preferences.  The point was then made that different defaults seemed be appropriate depending on whether it's a team or non-team game, and that is where the simplicity paradigm kind of hit a wall.  

Thingol, I think that to say the majority seemed opposed at the time is not entirely accurate. I think the conversation wandered a bit from there and then just petered out.  I'm not at all opposed to revisiting the topic.  I think we just never hit on the right solution, but it seems we were close.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Thu 25th Oct 18:16 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)