228 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 28
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I disagree M (in regards to the deletion of the thread). I haven't played a game with either Toto or RoyalCrown, but the thread is disparaging to RoyalCrown's name (whether deserved or not) and falls along the lines of defamation. It may impact the play in future games.

2. #22 / 28
    Standard Member RoyalCrown
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I would also like to mention that all games in question were "Total Fog". This may or may not change people's perspective on said games. 

Secondly, I view a non surrender as a player thinking he/she still has a chance (Could have a largely populated territory). So using deductive reasoning you can see how, in a total fog game, one must be cautious when a player is not surrendering. 

I do not appreciate Toto slandering me like he is in this thread. I will say again with the strongest urgency that I wish this thread to be deleted or renamed.  All I can say is know the facts before you make any assumptions about me.

You must ask yourself, do you really want the forums to become a way for people to make these kinds of threads in the future? For WarGear's sake I really hope that door stays closed.

Edited Fri 28th Sep 18:09 [history]

3. #23 / 28
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I hear what you are saying T, but I'm sticking with my opinion.

Toto's choice of title with it's proposed solution is unfortunate, but I think we should be able to discuss the ethics of the tactics of individual players, and that's what this thread amounts to.  If someone wants to start a thread suggesting that everyone should set me as their enemy because I've been known to be a spoiler in a game, that is their prerogative, and the forums are here for all to look at the facts and come to their own opinions.

If you changed the title of this thread - there's very little that is objectionable.  There is a difference between an ad hominem attack and an argument based on evidence.  If someone is lying, there are game histories that people can look at.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

4. #24 / 28
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I've renamed the thread - the content is fine and it's a good discussion from both sides of the argument about what constitutes acceptable behavior and so I don't think it merits deleting completely.

5. #25 / 28
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I've renamed the thread - the content is fine and it's a good discussion from both sides of the argument about what constitutes acceptable behavior and so I don't think it merits deleting completely.

+1

Let's discuss the tactic, not the player.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

6. #26 / 28
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Indeed.  +1

7. #27 / 28
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

RoyalCrown wrote:

I would also like to mention that all games in question were "Total Fog". This may or may not change people's perspective on said games.

While still not the friendliest tactic, I hereby retract my "douche way to play" statement with apologies. 

“When my information changes, I change my mind. What do you do?”  -Keynes

Edited Sun 30th Sep 15:06 [history]

8. #28 / 28
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Can't see anything wrong with those games, you are both just being stubborn!

Off Topic!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)