1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 23
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was just thinking that I go out of my way to NOT use the term "factory" on my description pages.  For instance, the primary (and most significant) method of production on Anarchy involves factories.  Factories are the only method of production on Go-Geared, and you will not find the word factory in the description.  I did this because I think the term can be confusing.. 

In the case where a bonus is placed on a territory that is not a member of the continent, the term factory becomes somewhat of a misnomer depending on the back-story and the way the board is conceptualized. Consider a map of warring widget companies, where the factories (buildings on the board) produce widgets in hoppers.  Imagine trying to explain the mechanics of such a board using the WG definition of the word factory.

As I said before, I use the term "in-hand" bonus to describe the conventional bonus structure, but I'll end up spending a bit of time figuring out how to communicate the mechanics of a factory based system depending on the board.  Perhaps that's just the way it has to be.

Of course it's a different story when I'm communicating with designers.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

2. #22 / 23
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hugh wrote:

Who came up with ToS?

been around since late '09 early '10 (basically since the beginning). not sure who coined the shortened version first. can't do an advanced search with the new google engine.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #23 / 23
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Wow.  I'm impressed that defining things actually makes things more complicated... {#emotions_dlg.lol}

This is my favorite post that has ever been posted!

P.S.  I came up with ToS during the forums feud with Doom

If wars were won by arithmetic
    We'd be ruled by the mathematicians

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)