185 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

On my Trains board, snoochie totally found a way around the kind of gameplay I was looking for... how to solve this problem? 

I'm concerned that every game will eventually devolve into this:

Where you gather up all your units and rampage on the fellow players, not collecting bonuses or using the trains or anything.  

I know I need to lower the nutral limit on the trains to make things more balanced, and encourage their use. 

Cisco suggested an attack limit, any other suggestions?

Edited Fri 6th Apr 16:10 [history]

2. #2 / 5
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

make bordering continents unable to attack each other? only way to get from locale to locale would be use the trains?

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 5
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I think this is a basic problem with the abandon/revert to neutral immediately setting - esp. with a board without choke points like yours

Some thoughts -

Make it "revert to neutral at end of turn" - then you can't retrace your steps -can  combine this with 'tops suggestion

put 3 initial neutrals on each territory

Do the standard random set-up

Make it simulgear

Join one of M57's bandwagons and get Tom to implement "limited army unit moves per turn" or whatever he suggested awhile ago

4. #4 / 5
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

Join one of M57's bandwagons and get Tom to implement "limited army unit moves per turn" or whatever he suggested awhile ago

When I first read Ratsy's post, that was the first thing that came to my mind.

There are a number of board themes I've seen that cry out for some kind of restricted movement scheme. When I see them, I don't even bother to get involved in Dev because it would probably drive me nuts.  For now, everyone seems to be satisfied with neutral walls and globally limited amount of turns. I'll go back to my hidey-hole now.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

5. #5 / 5
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

More ideas Ratsy -

Don't give a minimum bonus per turn - so that people who spread out and gain bonuses will gain more power than turtles

Make the dice d5 vs d6 or d6vd7 - not sure on the exact odds, but make it so that attacking is more painful -

Also, when I first looked at that board I thought it may be better if your subways attacked only neighboring subway territories - the board is open enough- just a suggestion -

@M - I do think that limited attack range thing would be a better way of limiting your options on many boards than limited attacks - hopefully someday -

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)