210 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member Patton
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I see that there are always a bunch of members logged in, but no outlet to play a game together that would last hours, not days.  Does anyone out there wish to play a game inside a day rather then inside a week?  If so, how?  Please forgive my ignorance, I am new to the Risk online arena and wonder if I can sit at my computer and play a game over hours instead of checking in every 15 minutes of my day to see if it is my turn.  Thanks for any imput, I do appreciate it.

2. #2 / 10
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

A Cheerful Monkey Salute to you General Patton!

Soon there will be something that will flash a notation for when you have a turn but still not yet. It's hard to know. I am on the site 18/7 for the most part but a lot of that time is spent in the design tool and so, while I am here, I don't always take my turns right away.
    Basically with the site being so new there isn't a ton of activity because there aren't that many maps to stay logged on for and that's why turns are so few are far between. It is getting to know people on the site and figuring out when they are around. Most of us all met on another (now abandoned) site and so we all now who the Day Players are and who is not around on the weekends and stuff.
    Not today, but usually if you want a game, feel free to invite me. Seriously, I"m here all the time, I'm just not always playing but I do get sick of designing and check my turns. Just don't invite me to a 2 player game of Europe or a world map, I hate those!
    New maps and more fun coming soon.......
    And that's the Red bottom line 'cause RiskyBack said so!

When Life Hands You Lemons, Find Someone to Throw them at!

3. #3 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi Patton

I guess what you're referring to is a different timescale of game, say where the boot time is measured in minutes rather than days? We could certainly set something like that up, question for all should real time play (or whatever it end up being called) be ranked separately to regular play?

4. #4 / 10
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I'd leave it ranked the same way. It'll probably be your higher ranked players using the most, anyway. Give the listing a Red Highlight on the Join Boards list.

Cram it.

5. #5 / 10
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Umm... honestly, I think this would be too big a headache to implement. There are sites out there that do JUST this and do it pretty well. Not intending to advertise the competition here. But in my mind this is an either/or proposition. Too difficult to do both well on one site.

I agree with "Cram-Chackle"

6. #6 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Why do you think it would be hard to implement asm? It would basically just be a question of adding a new very short boot time, i.e. 15 mins or thereabouts.

7. #7 / 10
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You'd have to find a way to distinguish these games from regular ones that was VERY obvious. Another queue or something.

I agree with "Cram-Chackle"

8. #8 / 10
    Standard Member DeadByDawn
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I would love this option. I play the most on weekends and it would be nice to be able to do it in single chunks of time.

9. #9 / 10
    Standard Member Patton
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Thanks for all the imput, I appreciate it.

10. #10 / 10
    WWI Flying Ace Red Baron
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

DeadByDawn wrote: I would love this option. I play the most on weekends and it would be nice to be able to do it in single chunks of time.

Same here.  I tend to be near my computer and responsive to e-mail most weekends and evenings, but am usually unavailable at other hours.  I think it would be a great option to be able to join a specialized queue in which all the other players in the queue tend to be available during the same hours, for example the "Mon-Fri 6pm-10pm Pacific Time" queue.  You'd tend to get faster turns inside the time window, and slower turns outside it.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)