217 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

New map based on the hobbits of the Shire.

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/123821

2. #2 / 10
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/123821

Yeah...not too sure why it did that.  The above works.

Edited Tue 24th Jan 21:13 [history]

3. #3 / 10
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, I don't have the ability to do the invites...only the map reviewers are invited.

It would be nice to allow others to join (especially highly rated players)...the review games would fill up quicker.  Theoretically, a couple map-makers should suffice, with other high rated players filling out the game slots.  It'd be nice to get Blackdog, Gimli, Andernut, yourself, etc in the review game.

Perhaps, members of the review board can be given access to invite others into the game...that would work nicely, methinks.

Edited Wed 25th Jan 21:16 [history]

4. #4 / 10
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

All you need to do is ask to be on the review board..   Members of good standing such as yourself should be accepted with no problem.  Then, once you've learned the secret handshake, you can join any review game. 

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Wed 25th Jan 21:21 [history]

5. #5 / 10
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Perhaps, but then you see the huge list of invites pop up and it becomes disconcerting to see a large amount of declines. 

My thoughts are, keep the review board list as is and, if the map author requests for other players outside the board to be invited, the review board members will have the authority to do that.  That way, you wouldn't see games stacked with players sure to give the author (who might be a friend) a free pass as the requested additional players would have to be amenable to the board member's discretion.  If it would be a good deal of effort for Tom to make this happen, then I would of course feel differently.

6. #6 / 10
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

you could put it on the developing list of boards, that way anyone can play it and i believe you can message and ask for input even if your not in the game. i have found lots of fun maps there.

7. #7 / 10
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

Perhaps, but then you see the huge list of invites pop up and it becomes disconcerting to see a large amount of declines. 

Agree.  However, understand that many of the declines are for the right reasons.  I recuse myself from simulgear boards.  In fact, I tend to recuse myself from any boards that have lengthy lists of special rules for certain territories, or any board where I'm just not a fan of the genre.  That is why I think we need more reviewers.

My thoughts are, keep the review board list as is and, if the map author requests for other players outside the board to be invited, the review board members will have the authority to do that.

Fine.  ..but who would they invite?  Why not just have more members on the board?

That way, you wouldn't see games stacked with players sure to give the author (who might be a friend) a free pass as the requested additional players would have to be amenable to the board member's discretion.

Perhaps I'm not understanding your proposal.  The more reviewers there are, the less chance there is that "friends" will give boards a "free pass".  But I think the word "friends" is somewhat of a misnomer.  For instance, consider that the boards that are most susceptible to to the free pass are the two-player boards ..of which I have designed a few.  In my case, the players who passed these were also involved in Dev testing.  You could call it a free pass, but I call it a pass by someone who is familiar and confident with the mechanics and playability of the board. 

Don't get me wrong, I think your concerns regarding the review system are valid.  I have a few myself.  We may not agree on the the right course, and that's OK.  I think we need more discussion on this topic.  You might want to check out a few earlier threads on the topic.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    Edited Wed 25th Jan 21:57 [history]

8. #8 / 10
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

All you need to do is ask to be on the review board.. 

Who do we ask?  I'd like to be on the review board.

9. #9 / 10
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    M57 wrote:

I think you just did :)  Tom?  Yertle? 

Edited Wed 25th Jan 21:57 [history]

10. #10 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    M57 wrote:

Thanks - Added.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)