209 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Now that there are many more RT games, especially with the new chess clock, I believe there should be 2 average turn times calculated : 1 for RT, 1 for normal play. The time should be calculated by taking into account the time setting of the game. When I see a player with a 12 hour average, I don't know if this guy is a fast player or a player waiting 6 days to take his turn but playing mostly RT games.

Also I believe the average should be taking only the 3 last months (for example). Because if I was playing very fast 2 years ago, it doesn't mean that I am still doing it now that my life has changed.

Thoughts ?

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

2. #2 / 5
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I like the idea of having a separate turn timer for RT games.  But if we start down that road we will want separate stats for each timer type.  This is not maybe a real good idea either but perhaps the timer is a % instead which will normalize it for all clock type.  For example, if you respond in 1 minute for a 10 minute RT timer, or 2.4 hours for a 24 hour timer, or 4.8 hours for a 2-day timer, your turn time would be 10%. 

I think it is more valuable to see how someone responds relative to how much time they have available.  Some will tend to play immediately and others will wait as long as possible.  Right now I don't even pay attention to the turn timer becasue it has no meaning without knowing what type of timers the person plays.

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member Vidoviti Milan
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Toto has suggested exactly what I thought. Average does not tell anything if we do not know for how long the game is set. On the other hand, I can not find an answer to the question of why we need this anyway? Does this mean that we will not play with someone who needs 1 day and 16 hours for a game of two days? I find it irrelevant, especially if you are a premium and you are not limited to the number of games. For real time games, if we see average turn is 5 min. what would we think, he is going to play every 5 minutes, but that is still average and don't mean nothing. I can play few RT games really fast, 1 min. and than do something else and check every 7-8 mins if it is my turn waiting on wargear...

4. #4 / 5
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i agree, it's basically irrelevant to make any decisions on. tho it's nice to see as a curiousity.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #5 / 5
    Lieutenant poq poq is offline now
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

It could be useful to know in which game it will be your turn next, in case you are bored and want to plan ahead.

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/2849plast/Expected_Next_Turn

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)