209 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 34
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Plus, with the larger dimensions and file size options here, I'll be able to make it look how I want, too. Really, I'm quite excited about bringing my opus magnum to life on Wargear.

Compromise is for when you're wrong and you know it.

2. #22 / 34
    Standard Member Ender
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Damn it... not you got me all excited! What are you gonna do about that? A Helm's deep map that is "close" to being complete... :()''' <--- DROOL!

Edited Thu 3rd Dec 09:27 [history]

3. #23 / 34
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ender, it is really great. Cram has a vision and if it can be made real it will really be something special.

I want in on any pre-testing games, of course.

When Life Hands You Lemons, Find Someone to Throw them at!

4. #24 / 34
    Standard Member Ender
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

me too for the testing... any screen shot teasers?

5. #25 / 34
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ender wrote: me too for the testing... any screen shot teasers?

This was the map he was working with http://warfish.net/war/browse/board?bid=9039633 (can check out the image either via the Mod, if Plus, or if you have 11s Firefox script).

Yertle is here.

6. #26 / 34
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ender, I have a Battle School map in the works. Have a general concept but not sure if it will be very much fun yet. Working on the graphics and having some issues but you'll be in on the testing if/when it is ready.

The Status is NOT quo

7. #27 / 34
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: Ender, I have a Battle School map in the works. Have a general concept but not sure if it will be very much fun yet. Working on the graphics and having some issues but you'll be in on the testing if/when it is ready.

Ooooooh!  I was thinking about that just a little while ago!  I'm enjoying the book!

Yertle is here.

8. #28 / 34
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I've been kicking it around for a long time since I consider Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow mandatory reading for everyone. Never could get a decent image with the limited file size on the other site but now I've found a perfect background image and just have to work out the territories without it being lame. Probably gonna be either a 2 player game or a 3 v 3 team game if I can get it to look right.
    Options here have given me a lot of ideas for things that could be done. I'm already trying to figure out new ways to use them and I haven't even really used them yet in anything you all have seen. Greyhawk uses every feature possible but I don't think the map will get out of design even though it's all done. It just scares me.

The Status is NOT quo

9. #29 / 34
    Standard Member Magpie
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Anybody remember who did the Mutiny on the Bounty warfish map? I love that one, and hopefully there will eventually be a port.

In a similar vein, a Trafalgar or Battle of the Nile themed map would be neat.

Also a Tour de France map (lots of ways to interpret that)

10. #30 / 34
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Magpie wrote: Anybody remember who did the Mutiny on the Bounty warfish map? I love that one, and hopefully there will eventually be a port.

Red Baron did that one and he's brought a couple maps here already, so it could be a possibility (you might give him a shout).  Graphics would have to be updated, and I think a few areas could be improved a bit since the map was open to stalemates, but I agree, I liked that map too.

Yertle is here.

11. #31 / 34
    WWI Flying Ace Red Baron
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Yertle wrote:
    Magpie wrote: Anybody remember who did the Mutiny on the Bounty warfish map? I love that one, and hopefully there will eventually be a port.

Red Baron did that one and he's brought a couple maps here already, so it could be a possibility (you might give him a shout).  Graphics would have to be updated, and I think a few areas could be improved a bit since the map was open to stalemates, but I agree, I liked that map too.

I've been thinking about bringing that one over, but it's a circle mode map and I don't do those anymore, so I would want to rethink the graphics a bit.

As for the Trafalgar idea, I've got a ship battle game called "Armada Bay" that I've been working on, but it's blind-at-once so I would have to wait for further site development to bring it here.

12. #32 / 34
    Standard Member Killer
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

If any testing needs to be done, let me know. I'm in.

13. #33 / 34
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The enemy's gate is down.

I'm home sick today, maybe I'll get that one out and read it. It's like comfort food for me.

14. #34 / 34
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I'm totally calling dibs on D-Day. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_2_EJogf2A

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)