229 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 13
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I wanna make a 2,3,4 play board where the goal is to start in the center of an inter vertebral disc looking down on them, so starting in the center (nucleus pulposus) and having to make your way through the outside (annulus fibrosis) to herniate the disc with different ways of doing so, its a race.  When i get to the board developer i see an image that says its adobe flash where you can change the transparency and stuff but i don't  know how to import the pictures and skeleton model graphics into the system?  Any help would be awesome.

Thanks Everyone and have a great holiday

Evan

Edited Fri 23rd Dec 01:52 [history]

2. #2 / 13
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think that flash image w/transparency, etc. you are talking about is under the 'Design' tab.  You want the 'settings' tab.   (This is all after clicking on 'designs' and your board name).  Then under the 'settings' tab, there is an option to upload the board image.  If you change layers to 'dual layers' you get another place to upload the fillmap image.  Hope that makes sense.

Cool that you are doing a scientific minded board about your field.  I love to see educational boards like that.

3. #3 / 13
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Thanks Ozy, appreciate the help and the encouragement.

Evan

4. #4 / 13
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

okay so i have a basic image, can anyone help me on some stuff and what to do next, and also how do i show anybody what ive done so far?

5. #5 / 13
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You can copy the URL from within the designer and post it here to show us your board.

Next step after you upload the image is adding territories.  From the board designer under the design tab, select 'territories' and 'add'.  Then click on the board, type in the territory name, and click apply.  After you finish all the territories, change the 'territories' drop down to 'borders' and 'continents' and do those next.

6. #6 / 13
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

keep in mind this is very rudimentary and far far far away from being in even its first stages...http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/3112

7. #7 / 13
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

How do i get it more high definition, and is there an easier way to take the colors in and make them the fill colors of the players, i wanted to go two ways, give each player 1 disc and then using that disc herniate and give the guy pain in one of his body areas and have the capital that wins that game being a guy laying next to the standing guy, lying on the floor hurt haha, or i wanted to give each player 1 disc, have that disc as several countries and continents, i would give each player the full herniated disc they would start in the very middle and have to work there way to the capital, im leaning more towards that now, but how do i just get a nice high quality of just black and white disc or is there a way to do it that i dont know

8. #8 / 13
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

As it is right now, no part of the image is usable for fill purposes. You need to fill the areas in the picture that you want to be player colors with a solid color (if you intend to use the same images for both imagemap and fillmap.

So I guess the first thing we need to know is - are you planning on using one image or two?

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

9. #9 / 13
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

well im gonna fix everything up to make it solid, so it can be filled, if i place have one image on one layer and another on another layer and merge them, that just counts as one image right? and they be connected with borders?

10. #10 / 13
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

What program are you using for manipulating images?

11. #11 / 13
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

R, Have you looked at the design pages of existing boards that have separate fill images?

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

12. #12 / 13
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

okay im getting through this pretty well now that ive instrumented myself with some knowledge.  I've also realized somethings, ITS TAKES A LONG TIME TO MAKE A BOARD, i will present this board sometime in hmm lets say next christmas!  Hopefully not tho but it shall not be making a preview anytime soon.  Hats off to all you board makers!  Excuse the grammar im tired.

13. #13 / 13
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Rasputin wrote:ITS TAKES A LONG TIME TO MAKE A BOARD

Especially your first one.  Once you do one, the next one is way easier.  Good luck on this one.  I can't wait to see it. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)