204 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 12
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i am no map maker by any means i can barely get a trophy image resized, but i would really like to see some more sports theme maps. i know there were a couple of maps on the other site, simu gear style such as a baseball map i think yertle did.
    i myself don't care for simu gear style, but i think it would be a awsome addition to the board selection if we had more sports theme games to choose from other than HORSE.
    i am more than willing to help anyone with idea's for a board, but as i said i have no computer skills to even try to attempt to make one.
    thanks in advance,
    j-bomb

2. #2 / 12
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Toss some ideas my way and I'll see what I can whip up over break.  I have a hard time with the themes though... tried football... failed.

3. #3 / 12
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

how about a 2 person hockey map.
    maybe start each player out in the teams box.
    have the goalie be staple player with either a dice modifier or + defence.
    have the five players start at nuetral with a +1 for 1 owned +2 for 2 owned ect.
    the penalty box could have a negative bonus, but could have some sort of ability to either attack the goalie or the teams bench.
    thats about all i got right now.
    i'll think about a football one but that might be a little more complicated.
    thanks again.
    goooo bruins!

4. #4 / 12
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I have a version of 1st and Risky all set for here, I just never perfected it before my self-imposed hiatus.  I can't release it now, but I will soon.

Oh, and as for Hockey, I've been trying to do the old Nintendo Ice Hockey game for a long time and made some cool 8-bit graphics for it but never really thought of any neat gameplay.

5. #5 / 12
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Risky - Forget the hockey itself, you should just turn the 1 on 1 fights from that game into a board.
    I know that's the only reason I ever played that game.

6. #6 / 12
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

How bout a simulgear for football, the simulgear represents the simultaneous nature of an offensive play called against a defensive play.  Start each team at the 50.  Lots of options from there.

7. #7 / 12
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I'd like to see a revamping of Cumberdale's Quidditch game. I've thought of doing soccer before, it's certainly doable.

Grace and Peace to you from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Chirst

8. #8 / 12
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Squint - I was thinking the same, and I have a bunch of ideas since j-bomb suggested them.  But I wanted to wait until Risky chimed in to let what he's already got get a fair shake first.

9. #9 / 12
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I'll try to get 1st and Risky all tweaked this weekend.

10. #10 / 12
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I was also thinking quidditch... probably Yertle is the one to harass to get it imported... I do recall many people liking it, though there seemed to be a dominating strategy perfected (Black Dog I think could say more), so some tweaking could be a good idea

11. #11 / 12
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Oh, I was thinking about this some more, and have some very excellent ideas for a hockey map, to have some really interesting mechanics that simulate the different types of players as well! Feel free to message me if anyone wants some design ideas!

12. #12 / 12
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Hey! Here is a football idea. 2 player only. 2 maps for each player. Full fog.  Each player starts on their own map in there own end zone with like 100 troops for offense. Each player is given like 50 troops to spread out along their defensive board to stop the other player.  The player to reach the enemies end zone takes that 1 troop capital and wins the game.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)