219 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #41 / 48
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ah, OK, no worries.  For 4 player games, I'm seeing seat 1 (USA) win 32.69% of the time.  The combination of easier access to most people's primary tech branch and going first probably accounts for this.

2. #42 / 48
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Too late, I already changed it. ;)   Based on how thoroughly you are kicking my butt in the test game, I'm thinking USA is at a disadvantage now... kind of joking.

But seriously, I think it was Cona Chris who gave some stats (that I can't find now), that showed that all 4 civs were pretty equal in wins previously.

The stats I had were after 24 games in the default scenario, and the US and Africa had won 8 each and the UK and Asia had 4 wins each.  So, given the small sample size, that looks good so far IMO.

Norseman wrote:

Ah, OK, no worries.  For 4 player games, I'm seeing seat 1 (USA) win 32.69% of the time.  The combination of easier access to most people's primary tech branch and going first probably accounts for this.

Are you sure the USA is always seat 1 on the graph?  I thought it was just who went first?

Edited Wed 18th Jan 09:48 [history]

3. #43 / 48
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Oh, you're right... somehow I assumed that USA always goes first but from looking at the games list that's obviously not true.

4. #44 / 48
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I could set things so that each civ has a specific turn order, and that's something I considered as another way to balance.   For example, if UK & China are at a small disadvantage, maybe it would be best to fix the turn order: China, UK, USA, Africa.  That's my wild guess of worst to best civs to start at, so by having them play in that order it would help balance things out a bit.

Downside is that it makes the game a bit more predictable.

5. #45 / 48
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

i second the vote to ban cona chris from the board

-E

: b

6. #46 / 48
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Rasputin wrote:

i second the vote to ban cona chris from the board

-E

: b

You can't second your own motion!  We'll need to settle this over an Arm Wreslting contest or Gunslinger shootout soon... :)

7. #47 / 48
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Sinbad figured this out, so kudos to him - but I noticed that the player who usually wins has a terrible luck score, and Sinbad noticed that if you Missile or ICBM a territory and you don't take a unit from it (because it only has 1 unit and it is an artillery attack) it counts as negative luck for some reason.

8. #48 / 48
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

That explains a lot.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)