210 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was wondering if anyone else here who is active on wargear is also active on reddit? If you are not familiar, reddit is a social news website, where users submit links, comment on links, and vote up/down comments & links. It is divided up into 1000s of communities, and one of the communities is centered on boardgames: boardgames.reddit.com. That community has 5000+ members, and I'm sure some of them would like wargear, so I have been thinking of posting a link. I've been lurking there for a while though, and there is kind of an anti-risk sentiment, so I need to de-emphasize that aspect of wargear. Also they are more focused on playing boardgames in the real-world instead of online, so I'm not sure how well an online site will go over.

2. #2 / 7
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Perhaps include the design element.  Lots of game designers like reddit.

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I was wondering if anyone else here who is active on wargear is also active on reddit? If you are not familiar, reddit is a social news website, where users submit links, comment on links, and vote up/down comments & links. It is divided up into 1000s of communities, and one of the communities is centered on boardgames: boardgames.reddit.com. That community has 5000+ members, and I'm sure some of them would like wargear, so I have been thinking of posting a link. I've been lurking there for a while though, and there is kind of an anti-risk sentiment, so I need to de-emphasize that aspect of wargear. Also they are more focused on playing boardgames in the real-world instead of online, so I'm not sure how well an online site will go over.

I think you should do it.  This site has gone way beyond risk-style designs at this point.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

4. #4 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ok I posted something this morning in the boardgames community.

http://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/kp5rn/wargearnet_play_strategy_board_games_online_for/

5. #5 / 7
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

nice. hope to see a few more players from it.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #6 / 7
    Standard Member The Rope
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

An upvote is a small price to pay if it draws in a few more users.

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Hey guys, I saw a link to here from Reddit. Can I join in your super secret awesome club?

(also hi, invite me to games before I disappear again)

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)