1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 15
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Is there a way to center placement of locations? I usually use a white dot to place locations then redo the map. Maybe I missed it but would love if somebody could tell me how to center my stuff or tell me where the "snap to the white dot" button is at. I cant make some of my maps unless they can be even on all sides! Thanks.

2. #2 / 15
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

There isn't one yet. You can just click on the circle and move it but there is no ruler yet and no snap tool.
    I always used the coordinates to center them because I never could get the snap tool to work for me.

When Life Hands You Lemons, Find Someone to Throw them at!

3. #3 / 15
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Dude - have you seen my maps? There is no way I can transfer Matrix over. Its all lined up all exact. It would look like some crack head made it up if I just clicked around the map "kinda close to where its suppose to be". LoL! :P

OK. Fair enough. I will await the snap tool for most of my maps. I am still healing anyways so I got some time until I can hit this site full bore hard core.

4. #4 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think we talked about this in at least one other thread, but any update on this tom? Would be quite useful IMO.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

5. #5 / 15
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The closest right now which will be in the next designer release (hopefully this week) will be a tooltip which shows the (x,y) position. With the nudge cursor keys (already there) this should allow perfect alignment. Not perfect but a step in the right direction.

6. #6 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The Tooltip currently duplicates the X coordinates, so instead of 106, 95 it is showing 106, 106.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

7. #7 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The X,Y button is nice, but the box is kind of big and easily stacked one on another if the territories are close... I don't really have a solution to that though :P

What's Your Passion?

8. #8 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: The X,Y button is nice, but the box is kind of big and easily stacked one on another if the territories are close... I don't really have a solution to that though :P

I guess you could have two separate boxes, an X and a Y, so at one time all the X coords show, then click the Y to check your Y coords.

What's Your Passion?

9. #9 / 15
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: The Tooltip currently duplicates the X coordinates, so instead of 106, 95 it is showing 106, 106.

Oops, will fix that.

Not sure how best to fix the overlapping problem, will have a think about that. Maybe just make the font and boxes smaller?

10. #10 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Not sure how best to fix the overlapping problem, will have a think about that. Maybe just make the font and boxes smaller?

Perhaps, using this board as an example http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/605 small font may not work.  Although this board could be an exception and not the basis for the solution, as with the current set up (even with the x,y bug only showing x) I was able to get through and line everything up with very little time.

What's Your Passion?

11. #11 / 15
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yeah that's going to be tricky to do whichever way I try and do it.

I will implement the snap to button at some point, I had a few thoughts yesterday about how best to do it.

ps you are coming up with some awesome board designs Yertle!

Edited Fri 12th Feb 13:21 [history]

12. #12 / 15
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Upon selection of a territories to be edited, I'd like to see two editable text fields that displays the current X and Y coordinates. You'd be able to enter new values and be able to adjust them that way. It would also be cool to be able to edit multiple territories in this way, but there would have to be some sort of check to ensure that you only set either the X or the Y at once and not accidentally put all your territories right on top of each other. This would make setting up grid board really easy to get straight and neat.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm thinking of the X, Y text fields as an alternative to the X, Y button since it would more or less make it obsolete.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.
    Edited Fri 12th Feb 17:13 [history]

13. #13 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

WF had something similar to that didn't Toaster? Without a multiple ability and with somehow more than one set of coordinates (which I'm not sure I ever understood). Makes sense to me.

*edit* The current X,Y button is nice since it can show everything at once rather than forcing you to look at each territory.

What's Your Passion?

Edited Fri 12th Feb 17:20 [history]

14. #14 / 15
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yeah, WF would allow you to enter specific coordinates for your territories but it was bulky and difficult to use. With the Flash designer you could just click on the territory and see/edit what the coordinates are.

For the multi-edit option, imagine that you're setting up a grid-like map. You lay out all the territories along the top row and want them to all be at the same Y coordinate so they line up nicely. So, you select all the territories on the top row and then click the Y field and enter "10," hit "Apply" and now all of your top row coordinates are at the same vertical position. Keep adding your territories and when you're finished placing them and lining up the Y coordinates for each row, you switch to the columns and do the same thing with the X coordinates. Now you've got a perfectly aligned grid of territories.

I honestly don't see a practical application for the X,Y button. Sure, you can see what the numbers are, but you still have to select the territory you want to change and the boxes seem to get in the way and become distracting/confusing.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

15. #15 / 15
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

How about I just set it so that when the position boxes are displayed, when you click to add a territory it shows the position? Then you can just nudge it into position.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)