218 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

In Total Fog should attacking a territory display who owns that territory?  It will display the number of troops but keeps the Fog on the territory.  I'm curious because of this message in the Help:

For the heavier fog settings the action of attacking a neighboring territory can reveal additional information to you - for example, when playing with heavy fog, attacking a territory will show who is currently occupying that territory and how many units they have placed there.

In Heavy Fog you already know who is occupying the territory, but you do gain knowing how many units they have placed there.

Also, should the number of troops present in a territory stay present throughout your turn, or should they disappear if you attack a different country?  Currently they disappear, but the Flash on WF would keep them (unless you get back to that territory again).  I like being able to see them through the turn (like on WF), but not sure if you actually should be able to, so either way, just curious if this was intended.

Yertle is here.

2. #2 / 8
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think you should still be able to see that information, since you've essentially 'purchased' it for that turn by spending some troops on a reconnaissance attack.

3. #3 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The player bar appears to get updated to show when a Player is eliminated in a Heavy Fog game (so I assume it would for Total and Medium Fog as well), seems like the player bar shouldn't show who's eliminated in those types of Fog games (Light would be fine, and if there is ever something between Light and Medium, like there is on WF, then that would be fine as well). IMO.

Yertle is here.

4. #4 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: The player bar appears to get updated to show when a Player is eliminated in a Heavy Fog game (so I assume it would for Total and Medium Fog as well), seems like the player bar shouldn't show who's eliminated in those types of Fog games (Light would be fine, and if there is ever something between Light and Medium, like there is on WF, then that would be fine as well). IMO.

I've noticed in Light Fog games that when a player is eliminated then the Player Bar doesn't get updated nor the Player Stats Information.  Seems like this should be available since it is easily seen.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

5. #5 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Agreed will look at those.

6. #6 / 8
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/9589

this game is supposed to be set to medium fog but it is showing heavy fog. i checked the fog setting and it says medium.

is there a way to tell if the settings have been overridden?

7. #7 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

KrocK wrote: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/9589

this game is supposed to be set to medium fog but it is showing heavy fog. i checked the fog setting and it says medium.

is there a way to tell if the settings have been overridden?

This page: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/9589

Fog Setting shows Heavy.

The board has Fog Override Enabled as well (http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/gods%20of%20the%20Titans), so that's why it is able to be overridden.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

Edited Thu 11th Feb 13:04 [history]

8. #8 / 8
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

nice thanks

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)