175 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member MayaMaia
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

On accidentally hitting the "apply" button, I was ejected from the place troops field in my All Your Base game, and unable to return to it even though I had not yet taken any attacks.  It shouldn't be that easy to lose your chance to place troops.  Further, it seems that those troops are no longer in my reserve at all, 12 troops that could have been very useful in the game.

The accident meant basically that I couldn't make the moves I had planned, and in order to get a card for that turn, had to use troops I had intended to keep for defense.

2. #2 / 7
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I have noticed this as well, and am torn between being set in your decision when you hit apply, and having an option to change your mind...

3. #3 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It doesn't really seem "that easy" since you have to hit Apply (although I've done it too).  But I agree with you, it doesn't seem like a bad idea for the ability to get back to the Place phase prior to any Attack (or Fortify depending on Rules), with even the added ability to tun in Cards.

As for that game, if it's the Koprulu Yamato board then those should have went to Reserves and they will be accessible next turn.

Cumberdale Classics Coming Soon!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

4. #4 / 7
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

What about when you try to hit A to place all your units, and instead hit S which selects your attack phase?

5. #5 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

What about when you try to hit A to place all your units, and instead hit S which selects your attack phase?

Ahh, you're right!  I stand corrected, I haven't used those hotkeys during Place ever.

Cumberdale Classics Coming Soon!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

6. #6 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

It would be cool to be able to take "undo" the apply in this situation.

Also, not as big a deal, but still would be nice to undo fortifies.

What I like about SG games is that I get to place and plan attacks and have the ability to go back and redo my placement if I wish. 

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I support Mayamaia's idea. It happened to me several times and it's very annoying.

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)