2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 19
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

First, what's up with the turn timer's here:

Refresh stats Player Name Team Rank Cards Reserves Territories Units Continent Bonus Territory Bonus Total Status Turn Timer Actions
    1 Yertle [On Vacation] Allies 1000 3(CCA) 8 4 8 +2 [Karelia S.S.R.] +2 [Evenki National Okrug] +2 [Belorussia] +2 [Archangel] 0 8 Playing 5 days 22h
    2 Oatworm Axis 1000 4 55 35 82 +1 [West French Africa] +1 [West Africa] +8 [United Kingdom] +3 [Ukraine] +1 [Trans-Jordan] +2 [South Africa] +8 [Russia] +1 [Rhodesia] +1 [Persia] +1 [Libya] +1 [Kazakh S.S.R.] +10 [Germany] +3 [Eastern Europe] +1 [East Africa] +4 [Caucusus] +1 [Belgian Congo] +3 [Balkins] +2 [Anglo Egypt] +1 [Algeria] +2 [West Russia] 0 55 Playing 5 days 22h [Host Boot]
    3 The Hammer Allies 1000 3(AAC) 20 15 46 +6 [Southern Europe] +3 [Norway] +1 [New Zealand] +3 [Eastern Canada] +6 [Western Europe] +1 [Westrn Canada] 0 20 Playing 5 days 22h [Host Boot]
    4 Gimli Axis 1000 1 21 19 51 +2 [Sinkiang] +2 [Novosibirsk] +1 [New Guinea] +1 [Madagascar] +3 [Kwangtung] +3 [India] +3 [French Indochina] +4 [East Indies] +2 [Australia] 0 21 Playing 5 days 22h [Host Boot]
    5 AttilaTheHun Allies 1000 4(AACC) 62 41 109 +1 [Soviet Far East] +3 [Philippine Islands] +1 [Panama] +1 [Okinawa] +2 [Mexico] +3 [Manchuria] +8 [Japan] +1 [Hawaii] +12 [Eastern US] +2 [China] +6 [Central US] +1 [Buryatia S.S.R.] +3 [Brazil] +4 [Borneo] +2 [Alaska] +1 [West Indies] +10 [Western US] +1 [Yakut S.S.R.] 0 62 Playing 5 days 22h [Host Boot]

I just took my turn (at 5 days 22 hours) and everything completed correctly I think but it's showing everyone at 5 days with the option to Host Boot (I removed the links for this post)...which it definitely shouldn't.  My Games list shows turn timer at ~1 minute and increasing normally.

Second question, if I have Vacation set do other players in the SG game get that honored essentially as well?  ie if the turn timer is 2 days will players without vacation set be skipped at 2 days (and the game still waiting for my turn) or will they only be skipped if they are the last to place orders without vacation set?  I could see it kind of cool if Vacation was honored for all players in an SG game since the game is on hold anyway, although the ability to come off of Vacation at any time does lead to some "risk" with that concept.

Thanks!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

Edited Mon 7th Mar 11:58 [history]

2. #2 / 19
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

This appears to be fixed now (this game http://www.wargear.net/games/view/50508 ) as was the other game that I seen the problem with.

Although it definitely happened and I'm pretty curious as to if that Host Boot link would have worked.

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

3. #3 / 19
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Do you know if the players had actually taken their turn at that point?

4. #4 / 19
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Everyone had taken their turn then I took my turn (while on vacation, at the 5 day+ mark) ad then the next round is what you see, with no one having taken their turn in this new round.

5. #5 / 19
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Second question, if I have Vacation set do other players in the SG game get that honored essentially as well?  ie if the turn timer is 2 days will players without vacation set be skipped at 2 days (and the game still waiting for my turn) or will they only be skipped if they are the last to place orders without vacation set?  I could see it kind of cool if Vacation was honored for all players in an SG game since the game is on hold anyway, although the ability to come off of Vacation at any time does lead to some "risk" with that concept.

Thanks!

My vote would be for the player to get skipped unless they input their moves within the turn timer or have vacation set.  

6. #6 / 19
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

but what happens after that first timer? say the turn timer is 2days, someone is on vacation for 7 days...

everyone makes a move by day 2. day 4 comes around and everyone gets skipped cus they can't do anything until vaca-guy does something. day 6 comes around and everyone gets booted cus they still can't do anything until vaca-guy comes back. vaca-guy wins by default cus everyone else was stuck waiting for him.

i don't see another way than to have the entire board on halt during a vaca - i'm assuming you could submit your orders and tweak them up until the time he makes his move. if you haven't moved before vaca time is up (assuming vaca time > turn time) then you get skipped as if it were turn time. [i.e. IF(turntime<vacatime, THEN: turntime=vacatime, ELSE: turntime]

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

7. #7 / 19
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Consider that vaca-guy can always take a turn while on vacation and the others should get skipped if the original timer is done.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

8. #8 / 19
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Looks like that is true: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/52145 Turn ID 682

In this game I took my turn while in vacation mode at 5 days 4 h and it executed all orders as normal.  However in the turn history it then showed all 4 other players as being skipped (didn't see the host boot option).  My turn timer was then still at 5 days 4h so I thought it would skip me if I didn't take my turn again.  I took my turn and it then executed only my orders.

Please help revert this game back to turn ID: 681/682 and restart the turn timer for everybody.

Thx,

ATH

9. #9 / 19
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Another problem while taking a turn in Simulgear game http://www.wargear.net/games/player/52900

Opponent's turn was skipped.  Please revert to turn ID: 129

10. #10 / 19
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:

Looks like that is true: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/52145 Turn ID 682

In this game I took my turn while in vacation mode at 5 days 4 h and it executed all orders as normal.  However in the turn history it then showed all 4 other players as being skipped (didn't see the host boot option).  My turn timer was then still at 5 days 4h so I thought it would skip me if I didn't take my turn again.  I took my turn and it then executed only my orders.

Please help revert this game back to turn ID: 681/682 and restart the turn timer for everybody.

Thx,

ATH

Done - I'll address this bug asap.

11. #11 / 19
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:

Another problem while taking a turn in Simulgear game http://www.wargear.net/games/player/52900

Opponent's turn was skipped.  Please revert to turn ID: 129

Done.

12. #12 / 19
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Thanks tom, this was very prompt work despite the 1 hr. daylight savings loss!  Thanks much!

So I know the games have been reverted but is the bug also fixed?

ATH

13. #13 / 19
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Not yet, it is top on the list though.

14. #14 / 19
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

This bug has now been fixed.

15. #15 / 19
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

wow, I didn't know that was a bug currently, I was just suggesting the decision is complicated.

16. #16 / 19
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The bug was that if a player took a turn whilst on vacation, the turn timer was not updated for those players who had taken turns whilst the vacationer was away. This led to them getting skipped / booted when the vacationer took their turn.

I don't see any complication with the decision, if someone is on vacation then they have until the end of the vacation to take their turn. Everyone else has to abide by the turn timer as usual. It's exactly the same as regular game play.

17. #17 / 19
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

This sounds good to me, but out of curiosity, when is someone skipped, after the vacationer takes their turn or when the turn timer ends.

18. #18 / 19
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

They get skipped when the turn timer reaches the turn limit. The vacationer is ignored.

19. #19 / 19
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

They get skipped when the turn timer reaches the turn limit. The vacationer is ignored.

And then the round is executed when the vacationer returns...so player is only booted if they're again away for the entire turn timer.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)