213 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

wanted this to work somewhat similar to the actual board game.

i figured the cards could act as the 'jacks', where you could place/remove from anywhere on the board. you get a card, you place the +1 on the joker spot and attack any spot on the board, effectively 'removing' one from an opponent by defeating it in a 1/0 roll, or placing it wherever you wanted.
    ---------problem i see with this, is i don't know how to make the jokers available to place onto by anyone, without creating a seperate joker for each player position.

i figured endgame would be where you get your +5 bonus for scoring 5-in-a-row, place them on the joker and use attack A to eliminate someone due to the 1/0 dice. Using A not only eliminates one player, but leaves something behind so noone could take the joker over.
    ---------problem 1 with this, you can't eliminate everyone in that first turn, but Ed Nygma's "Space Lines" deals with this by leaving control of whoever has won. I could potentially get around this by the above solution: everyone has their own 'joker' spot that can attack anywhere, but also one single endgame spot much in the vein of "Space Lines"
    ---------problem 2 with this, i can see a way to game this if everyone has their own joker (which was why i liked the 'anyone can place on the limited jokers on the board'); that being if you place your card bonuses into your joker and save them up. not a good thing for this board.

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/2046

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

2. #2 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

wanted this to work somewhat similar to the actual board game.

i figured the cards could act as the 'jacks', where you could place/remove from anywhere on the board. you get a card, you place the +1 on the joker spot and attack any spot on the board, effectively 'removing' one from an opponent by defeating it in a 1/0 roll, or placing it wherever you wanted.
    ---------problem i see with this, is i don't know how to make the jokers available to place onto by anyone, without creating a separate joker for each player position.

What happens each round?  I see you have player with a base of units - what do they do?  Can players attack/use units once they are on the board?

3. #3 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

it's much like "Space Lines" in that regard. you have a pile that you draw from and place on the board. once on the board they don't move. they stay there unless the joker spot is used to attack it.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #4 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I'm not clear on how a player earns a +1 to place on the joker.

5. #5 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

card turn in

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #6 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Just so you know - I've been thinking about this, but I got nothing.

It seems you need two territories for each player (i.e. their own jacks). 

I was thinking it would be nice if a player could "remove" like in the game.  This could be done via artillery borders and abandonment - but then the attacking piece is still there.  So that doesn't help. 

And I don't have much for the end game either - except to make the bonus for 5 in a row +500 or something like that - so then players couldn't just save up their +1's from cards.

7. #7 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yeah i think i've already resigned myself to putting in a secondary spot for everyone to "attack" from (as opposed to placing),

and endgame...i'm stuck. i spose i could put a huge 5-in-a-row bonus (like your +500) and have the jokers have like 50 or 100 in each (to discourage the +1 cards being saved up), the jokers then would attack the other player's capitals... 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

8. #8 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Game is open for Beta play:
    http://www.wargear.net/games/create?boardid=2070&devmode=true

view it here: