180 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I find some tournaments are going on for more than 6 months. I also find there are quite a lot of players not playing all the games, for various reasons.

I believe it would make sense to put a limited access to tournaments.

For exemple, only for players filling one of these conditions :

- premium members (which would generate more money for WG)

- players with a global ranking above 1100

- players with a ranking above 1100 on this board

- players with more than 25 games played without being booted...

These conditions would still allow many players to join, but would deter many newbies.

What is your point of view ?

2. #2 / 3
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Well, as a map maker, one of the main reasons I start tournaments is to get n00bs an open opportunity to try out my maps. I agree tournaments are long and that there are a lot of boots, but that is how it is here right now. We just haven't built up a large enough community of consistent players but that will come with time. I don't really want to restrict tournament play and I agree it is frustrating to have someone join 5 tournaments their first time on the site and then never return but that's what happens when the site comes up in a simple Google Search.
    Time will fix these issues and until then I don't think there should be an overreaction because of how stuff is right now.

Where's 11's?

3. #3 / 3
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:

These conditions <snip> would deter many newbies

..and this is precisely why they are not good rules.

A much better solution is to streamline the boot process.  But remember, this is essentially play-by-mail Risk. With a two day turn-timer, 6+ months tournaments will happen.  If you don't like it, play in smaller tournaments.

I am against any of but the lightest of rules regarding admission to tournaments or we risk them favoring experienced players.  Having an avatar and perhaps a couple games under your belt is what I'm talking about.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)