217 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Appears that if a territory has a Max Unit Cap of 1 (and I assume 2) but the border attacking it is an Attack Only border then the attacker can use up to 3 dice rather than the normal amount of 1 (the max).  Only 1 is transferred into the Max territory and the Transfer window pops up (with allowing 0 to transfer) though.

I wonder if Artillery borders are the same way, although perhaps they could be an exception to the rule?  But seems like Attack only should perhaps be restricted to the max, but might be a good discussion too.

asm is a CYLON!!!

2. #2 / 15
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I like it the way it is now. Primarily because it's allowing Cram to do what he's doing on the board that you noticed this on.

In heaven, there are no heart attacks

3. #3 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:  Primarily because it's allowing Cram to do what he's doing on the board that you noticed this on.

Hmmm, I didn't think it would make/break the board, I would think he could easily play with dice modifiers to get a similar result.

asm is a CYLON!!!

4. #4 / 15
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That's probably true as well. Similar, at least, if not quite the same.

In heaven, there are no heart attacks

5. #5 / 15
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

dice modifiers will work. they'll just add a week or three to development time

... danger zone! ...

6. #6 / 15
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

This is correct isn't it? You can attack with 3 units to a max unit cap of 1 irrespective of the border type. The fortify window shouldn't pop up though.

7. #7 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: This is correct isn't it? You can attack with 3 units to a max unit cap of 1 irrespective of the border type. The fortify window shouldn't pop up though.

Ohhhh, perhaps I haven't seen this yet here then (and I just tested it and you're right).  That's different than TOS. I guess it works as long as it's across the board then it works, may seem a bit odd to be able to attack with more than can be held (as I type that perhaps not, just that I'm more used to the other way).  Could potentially have an affect on limited attack games with 1/2 max units, and BAO when that arrives.

Seems like it could still merit some discussion, but perhaps it's not too big of a deal.

asm is a CYLON!!!

8. #8 / 15
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I like it the way it is, really.

... danger zone! ...

9. #9 / 15
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Logically I don't see a problem with it - just because a foxhole can only hold one soldier doesn't mean you can't lob three grenades in :p

I found it quite frustrating on ToS when it restricted your attacking units.

10. #10 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Logically I don't see a problem with it - just because a foxhole can only hold one soldier doesn't mean you can't lob three grenades in :p

I found it quite frustrating on ToS when it restricted your attacking units.

You wouldn't be able to send 3 soldiers (units) into the foxhole though would you? {#emotions_dlg.spin}

Sounds good to me though :)

Of course that could potentially change my mind on the whole inability to Continuous Attack with 1/2 :P

asm is a CYLON!!!

11. #11 / 15
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Just so long as this isn't the case in simultaneous play once that gets going :)

12. #12 / 15
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

This is a semi-sequitor -- but is there a description for players (not developers) of how artillery/capitals etc. works? I can only find it on the designer pages. Is this done purposely?

Edited Fri 4th Jun 06:52 [history]

13. #13 / 15
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

You wouldn't be able to send 3 soldiers (units) into the foxhole though would you? {#emotions_dlg.spin}

Maybe not, but you would be able to have 3 soldiers stand in a circle around a foxhole and shoot the one guy sitting in it. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

... danger zone! ...

14. #14 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

Maybe not, but you would be able to have 3 soldiers stand in a circle around a foxhole and shoot the one guy sitting in it. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Oh you mean like Artillery borders? :P

Yertle wrote: I wonder if Artillery borders are the same way, although perhaps they could be an exception to the rule?

asm is a CYLON!!!

15. #15 / 15
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Cramchakle wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

Oh you mean like Artillery borders? :P

No, more like three people run up to a fox hole at the same time, shot the poor sap stuck in the hole, one becomes the sap and the other two run off looking for shelter of there own.

Kjeld: Remember, while genius might be isolating, you're never alone in stupidity!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)