1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1234   (4 in total)
  1. #61 / 69
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

StepOnMe wrote:

Any chance we could get a Message column on the tournaments list (like it is on the games list in between the Board Name and Options) so we could see when new messages have been posted on a tournament's main page?

A small thing, but how are the chances on this?

2. #62 / 69
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:
    StepOnMe wrote:

Any chance we could get a Message column on the tournaments list (like it is on the games list in between the Board Name and Options) so we could see when new messages have been posted on a tournament's main page?

A small thing, but how are the chances on this?

Excellent (and imminent!)

3. #63 / 69
    Standard Member General Domination
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Has there been any discussion on having tournament games count for board rankings & Champ points? (is this the correct thread for this?)

4. #64 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

General Domination wrote: Has there been any discussion on having tournament games count for board rankings & Champ points? (is this the correct thread for this?)

It's been discussed, some were for it and I think some were opposed (I was opposed :)).  Although there is the Tournament Rankings that are kept on the Tournaments tab.

5. #65 / 69
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I am opposed. In the original discussion on the matter, I persuasively made the case that under some circumstances the objective in a tournament game is different than the objective in an Open/Ranked/one-off game and that therefore the stats for each type should be kept discrete from one another. Those who hadn't already held the right opinion acknowledged that I was correct and the debate was concluded.

...and is a douchebag
    Edited Mon 26th Jul 20:21 [history]

6. #66 / 69
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:

I am opposed. In the original discussion on the matter, I persuasively made the case that under some circumstances the objective in a tournament game is different than the objective in an Open/Ranked/one-off game and that therefore the stats for each type should be kept discrete from one another. Those who hadn't already held the right opinion acknowledged that I was correct and the debate was concluded.

Exactly as I remember it, but you left out the part where the HOT pizza delivery girl didn't have enough change and would do anything if you didn't tell her boss.......ANYTHING!

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

7. #67 / 69
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

"You can imagine where it goes from here." .... "He fixes the cable?" Ahhhhhh, well at least he's right. I am also opposed.

8. #68 / 69
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Oh yes, I got distracted....I also opposed based on exactly what asm said that he said that he said.

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

9. #69 / 69
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:

This IS how I remember it, except for the consensus part.  Now, that I have participated in many of the tournaments, I would add that I would participate in fewer if they counted, for the above reasons (this I previously stated), and because:

With the current setup I can try boards I wouldn't normally play in the ranked game format, find I like the board, learn how to play when it doesn't count in the rankings, open tables when the tournament ends and I find I have a hole in my heart no longer having games on that board to play.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.
    Edited Mon 26th Jul 23:43 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234   (4 in total)