239 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 24
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Boy, I hate to have to say this, but I am starting to miss default game names.  Yes, on TOS it was sad to see every game you join called "Global Domination" but I can't join a game named "a" or "Spleen Pain" or today's date.  Anybody else feel this way or is this just one of the issues I should take up with a Therapist?  TOS had a Psychologist.....this site should have one.

The Status is NOT quo

2. #2 / 24
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

TOS had a Psychologist.....this site should have one.

I concur!

I must say, the Hosts of Spy vs Spy have come up with some clever game names.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

3. #3 / 24
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of the game names that aren't at least 15% clever.

I actually only start a new game if a name for it comes to mind first.

My game names usually involve some form of alliteration or word-play aspect involving the board name or theme.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

4. #4 / 24
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'll be honest, one reason I start so many Vertigo games is because I haven't run out of Hitchcock movies yet. It cracked me up today to see somebody else start one called "Rear Window" in the same spirit.

It's a trap!

5. #5 / 24
    Where's the armor? Mongrel
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Right here.

6. #6 / 24
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

We do try =)

7. #7 / 24
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Joined this one just because of the game name: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/13912

That is my favorite part of starting a new game....hmmm what to call it?

In the end, all things are squishy.

8. #8 / 24
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Very nice.

-John Hancock-

9. #9 / 24
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Thanks man. I hit a couple good ones that day, I must have been feeling pretty inspired.

It's a trap!

10. #10 / 24
    Standard Member poloquebec
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

sorry, just gave an aweful name to a game, by lack of inspration. haha i usualy try to be original. its u to see variety in titles...

11. #11 / 24
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Nygma's got one out now called Monopolyphonic Spree, which is so genius that I had seen it 3 times before I really got it.

It's a trap!

12. #12 / 24
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I used to specialize in game names for Wizards Duel on TOS but I think that Across the Great Divide is gonna give me lots of material. Keep and eye out people.

The Status is NOT quo

13. #13 / 24
    Premium Member Bake
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Good game names are cool but I'm not thrilled nor will I sign up to play games that refer to self sex acts or have vulgar language. It's really not what this site is about. Because so far, I've found that 99% of the players here a good people having fun. Ya, I'm sounding like an adult or something like that but eventually we all grow up and learn the value of worthless words. I would encourage anyone else to pass by one of these games so as not to encourage it at the site. After all, it's a great site.

14. #14 / 24
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Bake wrote: Good game names are cool but I'm not thrilled nor will I sign up to play games that refer to self sex acts or have vulgar language. It's really not what this site is about. Because so far, I've found that 99% of the players here a good people having fun. Ya, I'm sounding like an adult or something like that but eventually we all grow up and learn the value of worthless words. I would encourage anyone else to pass by one of these games so as not to encourage it at the site. After all, it's a great site.

Well said and I agree, it's annoying and looks bad for the site IMO.  Also, I'd say there is usually a correlation between those types of game names and the players in them not making smart moves which also leads to annoying games. 

I guess I don't have the language filter on, but still would be surprised if most of them were caught by that.

15. #15 / 24
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

You just suggested a new strategy.. only join games with obscene names to up my win percentage! Whoot!

-John Hancock-

16. #16 / 24
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

I guess I don't have the language filter on, but still would be surprised if most of them were caught by that.

Thought I test this out with this game http://www.wargear.net/games/join/15802

The Censor filter didn't do anything...

Even still, the Censor has to be found and set, stupid game names and things like that, ie just blatantly trying, aren't needed whether there is a censor or not.

17. #17 / 24
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

As much as I am against right out cursing in game names and I agree with Yert on this it is, however, a name that includes that name of the map and the purpose of the map within it.

The Status is NOT quo

18. #18 / 24
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

It could have used a comma after Horse.

-John Hancock-

19. #19 / 24
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Thought I test this out with this game http://www.wargear.net/games/join/15802

The Censor filter didn't do anything...

Even still, the Censor has to be found and set, stupid game names and things like that, ie just blatantly trying, aren't needed whether there is a censor or not.

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/15850

Censor doesn't do anything here either.  Blech, I really hope this doesn't become a norm/allowed.

20. #20 / 24
    Standard Member AntiScourge
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I'm of the opinion that the policy on game names should be changed, easily detectable curse words should be automatically filtered/prevented with a message stating the policy, and for those that the filter doesn't catch a forced name change from a moderator, warning message to the user, multiple violations leading to suspensions, bans.

That being said, where's the line drawn on what's acceptable, and what's not. SO follow KISS and just stick to a short list of words to start.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)