206 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #1 / 44
    Standard Member Master Bratac
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Steven forgives all who left the fish.  Repent and you will be welcomed home.

Edited Thu 11th Mar 10:48 [history]

2. #2 / 44
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i'm still playin the Fish so :^Ppbptrttabptt

Don't Taze Me Bro!

3. #3 / 44
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

The king is dead? Long live the king?

Happy Birthday to the ground!!!
    Edited Thu 11th Mar 10:37 [history]

4. #4 / 44
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Notice how incredibly easy it was for Master Bratac to find the forums on WG, even though he was just signing up to protest (pointlessly). I wonder if he even knows that WF forums exist?

Edited Thu 11th Mar 10:41 [history]

5. #5 / 44
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I'm playing both, different reasons for each site. As it is I only feel right paying for one atm though :) And the Steven absence is ludicrous, if you know you're losing people because you're not listening to them, give some admin options to someone who will listen.

6. #6 / 44
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

repost

Edited Thu 11th Mar 11:13 [history]

7. #7 / 44
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

Notice how incredibly easy it was for Master Bratac to find the forums on WG, even though he was just signing up to protest (pointlessly). I wonder if he even knows that WF forums exist?

I haven't decided yet whether the post was ironic or not. I wouldn't write him off as a pointless protester just yet.

8. #8 / 44
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Hmm, you may be right. He's played a few too many games, methinks, to be labeled just a protestor.

9. #9 / 44
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

REPENT! REPENT I SAY!!!

lulz

10. #10 / 44
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I'm not sure if we are the ones in need of repentance here.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

11. #11 / 44
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I still had a foot in both, although I don't have any active games at the moment here and with the exception of an ill-fated A&A tournament I was simply playing out my queued tourny games on WF.

Steven actually contacted me shortly after he reappeared for the 1st time. He was like oh hey neat scripts, maybe we can work on incorporating those. I pointed out that most of what the script does would be better done on the server side (for various boring technical reasons). That pretty much put a screeching halt to that conversation.

The simple request to add a forum link to the website... a literal 5 minute change with no downsides, heavily requested.. 6 months later it's still not there.

WF is doomed, DOOMed I say! To hell with it!

Although the thing that actually made me throw up my hands and go 'fuck this' was discovering that the BaO system on a board with unit restrictions does not allow you to attack from 1 territory with more than the defending territory can hold. So you can attack a 50 unit limit territory with 50 armies from 5 different countries (250) but not from 1 with 250. ARRRG. Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid!

nom-nom-nom_medium.jpg

12. #12 / 44
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote: Although the thing that actually made me throw up my hands and go 'fuck this' was discovering that the BaO system on a board with unit restrictions does not allow you to attack from 1 territory with more than the defending territory can hold. So you can attack a 50 unit limit territory with 50 armies from 5 different countries (250) but not from 1 with 250. ARRRG. Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid!

Actually, that's one part about BAO that I like.  It's pretty much the only way you can replicate a Thermopylae-style scenario where only so many people can attack in a space at a time.  In a situation like that, yes, five attacks with 50 units each would still break down the lone 50 defending, but the casualties against the attacker would be significantly higher than they would be if the attacker could just mount one attack with 250.  Most of the time, the first 50 unit attack wouldn't kill all of the defenders, giving whatever's left a second roll against the second wave, dealing more damage.

asm wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

13. #13 / 44
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:
    The simple request to add a forum link to the website... a literal 5 minute change with no downsides, heavily requested.. 6 months later it's still not there.

Theep is now claiming that this is because Steven has reservations about all the negativity on the forums and is concerned that we would steal his players if more people knew about the forum.

It's a trap!

14. #14 / 44
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:

WF is doomed, DOOMed I say! To hell with it!

Cute bunny.

Gross toe.

15. #15 / 44
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

IRolls, sweet Avatar.

Is WarGear in need of a BurgerTime board?
    ...I think I'll toss something together either way.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

16. #16 / 44
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Haha toss something together... your subtleness is so blatant. A BurgerTime board would rock!

nom-nom-nom_medium.jpg

17. #17 / 44
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:
    IRoll11s wrote:

Theep is now claiming that this is because Steven has reservations about all the negativity on the forums and is concerned that we would steal his players if more people knew about the forum.

I'm not surprised though - probably if the warfish site saw the forums and all the negativity there and the wargear discussions they might fly over here and he'd lose the revenue that offsets the hosting expenses I imagine.

I also think part of it is that he's in a phase where other things in life appear to be a priority to him.

A forum wipe would fix the existing negativity but wouldn't be much of a boon if he didn't actually have the time to start working on the forums or respond to stuck game requests.  I understand not wanting to share your server access, but he needs to trust somebody to go in and do something before his site collapses.

I still am not AS bitter as I could be because I've been playing warfish for years and years and what WAS done was awesome, it's just other issues seem to be preventing present and future awesomeness from coming to fruition.

Edited Wed 17th Mar 13:30 [history]

18. #18 / 44
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Andernut wrote:

I'm not surprised though - probably if the warfish site saw the forums and all the negativity there and the wargear discussions they might fly over here and he'd lose the revenue that offsets the hosting expenses I imagine.

I also think part of it is that he's in a phase where other things in life appear to be a priority to him.

1. Yeah, I get that other priorities stuff, and that's fine. But you know what they say - it's not the cheating, it's the lying. If he had just wandered off into the sunset and never returned, it would all be ancient history by now.

2. The word 'wargear' appears rarely if ever on the WF forums.

3. The 'negativity' is his own fault, obviously. If there weren't so many stuck games, or if he ever fixed any, there wouldn't be so many posts asking for help with them. I agree with you that what once was was awesome - but that makes the current situation all the worse in my opinion.

It's a trap!

19. #19 / 44
    Standard Member Master Bratac
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Oh no, wargear's running slow! Everyone go back to warfish.

20. #20 / 44
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

actually it was down completely last night for at least an hour. whoooa man!

but unlike the fish no games seem to have gootten stuck or broken. and HAD they, tom would have been all over the fixing of them...

Don't Taze Me Bro!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)