221 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 39
    Premium Member blackJack
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I'm unable to revise a board i had been testing. It has many flaws but was "approved" anyway.  As my "plus" expired and I'm not planning on renewing I can't fix it or even reply to people reporting bugs to me.

perhaps maps created when "plus" should remain editable by their owner after account expiration?

maybe i can have it removed?

2. #2 / 39
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I can fix the problems (as long as it's not a crazy amount or huge fixes). Although I think the best solution would be Live boards should remain editable by the owner. Unless there's a better solution :P.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

3. #3 / 39
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I have nothing topical to add to this thread, but it does bring up two ancillary issues that I've mentioned before:

1. Would like to see a link from players' profiles to boards they've created
    2. Need (much) more accountability on the part of the Review board. I think I should be able to check who approved whatever board he's talking about, and I say again that at least a comment should be <i>required</i> from whatever Reviewer checks the pass/fail button.*

* Matter of fact, I still think that EVERY member of the Review board that has played a game on a submitted map should be required to at least write a brief comment about the game, including any remarks as to why they chose to accept or reject the board for Live play.

Hijack over, sorry about that.
    But I will be talking about this again.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

4. #4 / 39
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:

I think I should be able to check who approved whatever board he's talking about,

You can.  Go to the Review Boards tab and view the Live Board Status.  The Reviewer is the right hand column.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

5. #5 / 39
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Super-awesome, I did not know that had been implemented. Nice work, Tom.

I stand by the rest of my statements until Yertle's next post.

I agree

6. #6 / 39
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:

I strongly support this one.

What's Your Passion?

7. #7 / 39
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:

I have nothing topical to add to this thread, but it does bring up two ancillary issues that I've mentioned before:

2. Need (much) more accountability on the part of the Review board. I think I should be able to check who approved whatever board he's talking about, and I say again that at least a comment should be required from whatever Reviewer checks the pass/fail button.*

* Matter of fact, I still think that EVERY member of the Review board that has played a game on a submitted map should be required to at least write a brief comment about the game, including any remarks as to why they chose to accept or reject the board for Live play.

Hijack over, sorry about that.
    But I will be talking about this again.

i kind of agree here. but i'm still trying to figure out where would you put these comments? in the review game itself? then you'd need to be able to go back and look at the review game (that's not currently possible that i know of, at least other than looking at my finished games). on the board itself ala the Fish? that too is currently unable to be done.

Don't Taze Me Bro!

8. #8 / 39
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:but i'm still trying to figure out where would you put these comments? in the review game itself? then you'd need to be able to go back and look at the review game (that's not currently possible that i know of, at least other than looking at my finished games).

Click on the Clipboard in the Review Games tab and that gets you to the Review Games.

What's Your Passion?

9. #9 / 39
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i think too it would help in the review games (and when Live, which is more important IMO) that the board info board be easier to tell what belongs to what. currently we can pick 'territory' to tell what a territory can attack to and what can attack it. the 'border' tab is fine to tell more info on particular borders. but the continents tab IMO needs some serious upgrading. i should be able to pick a territory and it tell me what continent it belongs to and be able to select that continent to see what else makes it up and how much you get for the bonus.

this would have helped to find that there is an error in one of the hilltop/mtn bonuses in bear river...

Don't Taze Me Bro!

10. #10 / 39
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom's talked quite a bit that the Board Info tab needs updated/fixed, but I'm not sure if he's working on it or how far he is on it.

What's Your Passion?

11. #11 / 39
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    asm wrote:

I think I should be able to check who approved whatever board he's talking about,

You can.  Go to the Review Boards tab and view the Live Board Status.  The Reviewer is the right hand column.

"I did not know that.  Russel, did you know that?"

Any reviewers ever checked these out before? 

I find it interesting that the three board released by Electric Monk were also approved by Electric Monk...

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

12. #12 / 39
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I agree, Live boards should remain editable. I'll update the code to change that.

Toaster - the reason you'll see a few boards being approved by the designer is once a board goes Live the designer can update whenever they like - so they go down as the approver for subsequent releases. Early on in the site's history a number of ex-WF designers were able to submit their site straight to Live without review which was in effort to streamline the process of getting extra boards on the site without too much admin overhead.

As regards the board info tab, I still haven't come up with a good way to display the info. Sorry about this, I've got more time to spend on the site now so it shouldn't bee too long.

13. #13 / 39
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Toaster wrote:
    Yertle wrote:
    asm wrote:

"I did not know that.  Russel, did you know that?"

Any reviewers ever checked these out before? 

I find it interesting that the three board released by Electric Monk were also approved by Electric Monk...

ahhhh, the icon in the column to the left of that brings up the review games. so you can see who else was in the review game...not sure the 'reviewer' column is for; unless thats the last (or first) person to click the green checkmark to say good...

Don't Taze Me Bro!

14. #14 / 39
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:not sure the 'reviewer' column is for; unless thats the last (or first) person to click the green checkmark to say good...

Post #4?

What's Your Passion?

15. #15 / 39
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

but i'm still trying to figure out where would you put these [reviewer] comments [regarding the board being reviewed]?

Create another column from that same Board Review tab. Like how the clipboard opens up the list of games played on the board, make another clickable icon that would scroll out a list of comments.

I think this should happen.

Also, interesting that the "Reviewer" column updates when the author does an update to a Live board. I don't think that provides a lot of value; would much prefer that it retains the name of the original approver.

I agree

16. #16 / 39
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Agree about the updates to Live.

re: the comments - they are part of each review game so they can be viewed by clicking on the games. Without the context of the game I don't think they have as much value.

17. #17 / 39
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

/agree

Risky is not a big deal.

18. #18 / 39
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    weathertop wrote:not sure the 'reviewer' column is for; unless thats the last (or first) person to click the green checkmark to say good...

Post #4?

post #4 only says to look at the column for the reviewer. i was asking what that column actually meant. there were 4 ppl in one of my review games, but only shows one 'reveiwer'. so i was asking if it was the first (or last) person to click the pass button.

Don't Taze Me Bro!

19. #19 / 39
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

Post #4?

post #4 only says to look at the column for the reviewer. i was asking what that column actually meant. there were 4 ppl in one of my review games, but only shows one 'reveiwer'. so i was asking if it was the first (or last) person to click the pass button.

Doesn't it only take 1 Review before it goes Live?  So it's both the first and the last :P

What's Your Passion?

20. #20 / 39
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

one review yes, but how many votes in that review are needed to pass? i'm assuming that that is what 'reveiwer' means: who passed the board. thought it took at least two people (can't remember what was eventually decided) to pass something.

or am i just being as stupid as i feel today? {#emotions_dlg.cylon}

Don't Taze Me Bro!
    Edited Tue 12th Jan 11:03 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)