199 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 12
    Standard Member Mostly Harmless
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I just extended my premium membership by one year and thought it was a good opportunity to recognize Tom and the rest (?) who work on wargear for a job well done.  

I'm an ex-warfish'er who reluctantly migrated to wargear, mainly because warfish had become unsupported... not because wargear seemed so much better... in fact, initially, I thought there was too much focus on the bells and whistles and not enough on the basic game-play.     But, I have to say that the support here has been excellent.  Consequently new ideas and recommendations have been heard and implemented and between that and my adjusting to some new conventions, I wouldn't go back to warfish now even if it became supported again.

In a world which seems to be increasingly challenged by those who contribute less but feel entitled to receive more, I'm not just happy, but proud, to support wargear.    My $30 subscription has been well-earned and I hope the site continues to be successful.    

2. #2 / 12
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

+1 emphatically

3. #3 / 12
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

+1 more emphatically!

4. #4 / 12
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

+1 most emphatically!

I´ve only been on for 4 months, but this is the best gaming website I have ever tried. =)

5. #5 / 12
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Completely agree.  I liked warfish, but even if it had had decent support I probably would be bored with it by now.  The new features that Tom steadily adds keeps wargear fresh, even for those of us who have been here for years.

6. #6 / 12
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Completely agree.  I liked warfish, but even if it had had decent support I probably would be bored with it by now.  The new features that Tom steadily adds keeps wargear fresh, even for those of us who have been here for years.

Has it been years already?!

{#emotions_dlg.eek}

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

7. #7 / 12
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm less than a month from my 3 year anniversary.  Tom hit his back in June.  I wonder who the first real (i.e. not Tom or one of his aliases, or friends/family) wargear player was.  Yertle is player #238.  Who can beat that?

8. #8 / 12
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Doom #206

IRoll11s #189

9. #9 / 12
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack will always be #1 in my book!

Yeah, tom doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves...thank you my friend.

If wars were won by arithmetic
    We'd be ruled by the mathematicians

10. #10 / 12
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I'm less than a month from my 3 year anniversary.  Tom hit his back in June.  I wonder who the first real (i.e. not Tom or one of his aliases, or friends/family) wargear player was.  Yertle is player #238.  Who can beat that?

You can sort the Player List by Joined Date, but a lot of the early players aren't still active.  A lot of us I think range from 190-250ish on Nov 6/7 of 2009 as that's when tom let the cat out of the bag on TOS forums that he had been working on this secret beast.

+1 to tom being awesome! (even if he has some weird phobia of the letter 'z' Smile )

w0000t to returning to being more active with WG! I may even have a board or two in the works with refreshed fire!

11. #11 / 12
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Thanks everyone for all your support - it's actually almost exactly 3 years since the site was launched, time certainly flies!

12. #12 / 12
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

You can sort the Player List by Joined Date, but a lot of the early players aren't still active.  A lot of us I think range from 190-250ish on Nov 6/7 of 2009 as that's when tom let the cat out of the bag on TOS forums that he had been working on this secret beast.

+1 to tom being awesome! (even if he has some weird phobia of the letter 'z' Smile )

looks like Cabrao might be the earliest that's still around, joined on the 2nd.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)