206 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I have had several games where the history loads but either shows screwed up history or blank history during active games.  This seem to happen on Civil War and There Will Be Blood.  Currently I am in two active games where the history is blank:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/129926
    http://www.wargear.net/games/view/126907

The history on these games was working correctly yesterday.

Thanks,
    BD

2. #2 / 6
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I can't really play these maps without the history, can they be placed on hold somehow until the issue is resolved?  Going on vacation for now to stall them.

BD

Edited Thu 23rd Feb 17:52 [history]

3. #3 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

FYI - the TWBB issue has been discussed before.  for example, check out this thread:

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/2185/History_Viewer_not_displaying_correctly_after_game_completed

I think there is at least one if not two other support posts about it, so I think either it is not an easy fix, or it's not on the top of Tom's list.

I did chance that map so that no one can view the history,  and I made territories abandon immediately so that players can send out 'scouting' units and follow in their footsteps.  But those changes will only affect new games created on that board and not current ones.

4. #4 / 6
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

BD, I've had the same problem (we're in some of the same games). But the log works for me -- have you tried that?

5. #5 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

There are some fundamental problems with the implementation of the History viewer in the Player which will not be resolved in the short term.

As part of the new Player release the History viewer will be split out from the Player and run in a separate window. This will allow you to view the history alongside the game and adds a lot of flexibility in how the history is viewed and displayed. The log file will be merged into this new History viewer.

The workaround for now is to use the log viewer instead.

6. #6 / 6
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

But I'm spoiled by the awesome visual interface!

Thanks for all your hard work Tom.

BD

Edited Fri 24th Feb 11:43 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)