1. #1 / 14
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

(especially on fog games...)

Having this problem on a recent game, though:
    http://www.wargear.net/games/view/122110

I know there have been a series of forum posts on this, and most of them have been fixed by you (Tom) doing something, and then posting a message that it is fixed.
    Is this just a nuisance, and the history will show in a day or so with the next [InsertWargearJargonForRefreshHere]?
    Or is this something that we need to be pointing out the particular games to you?
    I'm perfectly content if it is the former, as I know that your time can be better spent on the new player (for instance), but if you want to be knowing about these because it'd create a long term problem, then I'll continue to drop forum posts if/when I find a bad game.

Just trying to streamline the work for you.

2. #2 / 14
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think the bug related to this map is different than the others.  Previously there was a bug where the flash player would say it wasn't installed and if you waited an hour it then worked.  I think Tom fixed that one.  This map has a unique bug.

Where you able to view the history during the game for this map?  I've noticed that about 50% of the games I play on There Will Be Blood I can view the history, but the other 50% don't work.  The history player loads up, but it only seems to show a subset of the history, and you can step through the history, it just jumps around.

It could be that I broke the XML in this map in some subtle way.  It's a pretty complicated map and I had to generate a lot of it automatically with computer code.   But it seems to play correctly, so maybe the history viewer just has problems with such complicated XML.  I'm not sure what is going on.   Also, it seems like sometimes the same game history will be viewable by some players in the game, but not by others.

3. #3 / 14
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Definitely could NOT display history during the game.  But I had just assumed it was that the "History Visible" flag was set to no.

Correction:  I could see the same history I can see now:  I see about 7 turns, each of which essentially shows the board image and nothing else.

Edited Thu 16th Feb 13:17 [history]

4. #4 / 14
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yep that's the same thing I usually saw, and it seems to be specifically related to that board. 

5. #5 / 14
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

BorisTF, you could view the log during the game (and now). Also, I responded to your posting on the game.

6. #6 / 14
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Smoke - I've seen before on that map where some players can view the history and some cannot.

7. #7 / 14
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I couldn't and can't see the history (in the player) on that game, just the log.

8. #8 / 14
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I could not see any part of the history during the game....hence why you won....  :)
    In all seriousness: I had no idea where you were attacking from because I couldn't see any of your previous moves.
    If I'd been able to, I would have chased you down my middle well with more than just enough armies to fill the well.

9. #9 / 14
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yeah... maybe I should just hide the history on the map for everyone to make it fair until this gets fixed.

Edited Thu 16th Feb 20:56 [history]

10. #10 / 14
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I've had the history stop working in two of the three games I've played in so far. But, so far as I can tell, the log works in every game, even when the history stops working. It's a bit more work to look at, of course.

11. #11 / 14
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yup there's something specifically wrong with this map which I need to resolve.

12. #12 / 14
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Smoke - I didn't realize there was a difference between the 'log' and the 'history'.  I'll have to take a closer look.

just FYI - I went ahead and promoted a version of the board with history hidden.  I'd rather not do that, but it seems the fairest solution until Tom has time to look into this.

13. #13 / 14
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Ozy - Thanks.  Definitely will help for the time being, as it's a disadvantage to those who get screwed by the bug.

14. #14 / 14
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I decided to also change the abandon rule from end of turn to immediately.  Now that you can't see the history, this allows you to send out exploratory 1s so you can have a better idea what is going on.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)