223 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 16
    Standard Member Beastlymaster
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I know that this won't work on this site, but it would be nice to have some kind of honor roll for the retiring players.  Since we are losing some of the best on the site to retirement we could create some kind of Wall of Fame or something like that.  Just a thought.

Beastlymaster

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

2. #2 / 16
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Perhaps we, when I say we I mean Tom because I have no idea how, could create some sort of Records book.  This could include things like msot victories in a row; most losses in a row; Most consecutive tournament wins; highest luck in a game; worst luck in a game.  Just a thought.

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

3. #3 / 16
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Good idea - actually it would be cool to have a 'number of days at #1 in the championship rankings' roster for posterity.

Plus a high water mark for highest global ranking scores achieved.

Edited Tue 5th Apr 10:43 [history]

4. #4 / 16
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

We could even put the high for championship points once Blackdog sets it and also the Tournament points.  Possibly the most sixes rolled in a row for any given game.

~~~~~~~~~~

5. #5 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Good idea - actually it would be cool to have a 'number of days at #1 in the championship rankings' roster for posterity.

Retroactive right?!?!  :P

I agree, with the Records book would be cool.  I'd personally envision this with the future Achievements system, but would be cool to track anytime too.

Cumberdale Classics Coming Soon!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

6. #6 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes retrospective stats is doable. Good idea about tying into Achievements.

7. #7 / 16
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

OOOHHH.  I love achivements.  Pointless items to collect to show off to people who don't really care.  I'm all in.

**Achievement unlocked: Realization that what you enjoy no one else does.**

**Achievement unlocked: Cry uncontrollably and what choices you've made in your life.**

~~~~~~~~~~

8. #8 / 16
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

We could even put the high for championship points once Blackdog sets it and also the Tournament points.

What more do I need to do?  ;)

Edited Wed 6th Apr 17:26 [history]

9. #9 / 16
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You need to vastly improve your A&A strategies.  Ha!

10. #10 / 16
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Introducing achivements is a great idea and I 'm very impatient to know what you're going to come up with (may be it would be worth a thread to get players' ideas ?). Introducing a site record book is also a great idea. But don't forget individual stats such as higher GR or tournament points, highest position, moving average on the GR...

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

11. #11 / 16
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I love a Hall of Fame section, and achievements.  Some lower-level achievements would be appreciated by those of us who don't play frequently enough to compete for top-10 status.  For example "Best Global Ranking with Zero Board Points"  Or "Top Ranking Under 100 games"

Give the newcomers something to struggle for, while they're gearing up to gun for top spots.

12. #12 / 16
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

BTdubs wrote:

For example "Best Global Ranking with Zero Board Points"  Or "Top Ranking Under 100 games"

Give the newcomers something to struggle for, while they're gearing up to gun for top spots.

Cool ideas.

13. #13 / 16
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:

Introducing achivements is a great idea and I 'm very impatient to know what you're going to come up with (may be it would be worth a thread to get players' ideas ?). Introducing a site record book is also a great idea. But don't forget individual stats such as higher GR or tournament points, highest position, moving average on the GR...

I'm open for any ideas- it's not something I've thought a lot about to date.

There will be some restrictions relating to server load so achievements might need to be updated overnight in some cases.

14. #14 / 16
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I was thinking about this some last night.  I know in the past people have put up various schemes for earning stars/medals/etc., and those would be cool, but I was thinking a number of ranking lists would be cool also.  Many of these have been mentioned at various times - like the ones BT just put forward, but could also do top players on certain categories of boards, top players from different areas of the world, etc.  Then on each players profile you can list the lists they are in the top 10 in.

15. #15 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

meh, no need to create anything new just for them.

just have a sticky post for those honored and those who are big enough a part of the site that come here to say good-bye. and that can link to their profile with all their stats/rankings/etc at the time they left. then when we implement stuff like all-time-watermarks, then their will update accordingly.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

16. #16 / 16
    Standard Member EnixNeo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I'll throw my +1 in there, I really like the idea

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)