226 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   «««8910111213141516»»»   (26 in total)
  1. #221 / 506
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

When a board goes Beta, is makes it so that all version go Beta... 

2. #222 / 506
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

BlackDog wrote:

In the following game, when I navigate to the history page it says "failed to load history".

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/29388

Thanks,

BD

Fixed.

3. #223 / 506
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

When a board goes Beta, is makes it so that all version go Beta... 

Fixed.

4. #224 / 506
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

On all of my pages,  just to the left of the "1 turn waiting" link is a blue "refresh" icon that doesn't seem to do anything.  Is this a harbinger of things to come?

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

5. #225 / 506
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

On all of my pages,  just to the left of the "1 turn waiting" link is a blue "refresh" icon that doesn't seem to do anything.  Is this a harbinger of things to come?

I assume that replaced the clock icon that used to be there  (I think of it as a "turn" rather than refresh :p)

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

6. #226 / 506
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    M57 wrote:

I assume that replaced the clock icon that used to be there  (I think of it as a "turn" rather than refresh :p)

I don't recall that any icon use to be there.  Regardless, I don't see the point.  If it's there, it should do something.  Otherwise it makes it seem like something's broken.

BAO alternative:

7. #227 / 506
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Yertle wrote:
    M57 wrote:

I don't recall that any icon use to be there.  Regardless, I don't see the point.  If it's there, it should do something.  Otherwise it makes it seem like something's broken.

One of weather's old screenshots shows it https://picasaweb.google.com/onodlo/Warfish#5574122808561422690

*shrug* not sure how it makes something look broken {#emotions_dlg.suspicious}

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

8. #228 / 506
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It's probably just me, but things that look like icons beg to be clicked on, and when I do that and nothing happens, something seems like it's broken.  The new blue thingy looks like an icon to me.  I can't tell you in the last day how many times I clicked on it to see if Tom had gotten around to making it do something.

BAO alternative:

9. #229 / 506
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

There are icons for everything else, "Active threads", "Recent threads", "Charts", ..., but I do agree that the turn icon should be clickable and take me to the same page as the link (the page of my turns).

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

10. #230 / 506
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I'm working on this atm, sorry for any disruption.

Are you still at it? because I clicked on the Rankings tab and my turn count jumped to 20 although it is really 0.

11. #231 / 506
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Long time listener, first time caller.

I have 16 turns waiting and I don't even have 16 games active so something is wrong.

I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

Don't Piss Off Risky....
    It's bad for your bonus

12. #232 / 506
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

It's probably just me, but things that look like icons beg to be clicked on, and when I do that and nothing happens, something seems like it's broken.  The new blue thingy looks like an icon to me.  I can't tell you in the last day how many times I clicked on it to see if Tom had gotten around to making it do something.

There's been no change other than the icon itself has changed. Functionally it is the same as before and is the same as all the other icons on the menu bar, i.e. they don't do anything!

13. #233 / 506
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

Long time listener, first time caller.

I have 16 turns waiting and I don't even have 16 games active so something is wrong.

I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

Let me know if this happens again, not sure what would cause this but it's probably related to the instant notification testing.

14. #234 / 506
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    M57 wrote:

There's been no change other than the icon itself has changed. Functionally it is the same as before and is the same as all the other icons on the menu bar, i.e. they don't do anything!

i think it's the choice in icon that is more bothersome. it is too similar to the refresh button you've got. i assume you were looking for a 'turn' type icon and thats why you got rid of the clock? maybe something from a road sign (curve ahead, u-turn...not sure what your signs look like in Aussie - been almost 20yrs since i visited there)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

15. #235 / 506
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

If you can find a better icon let me know... iconfinder.com is an excellent resource, it needs to be 16x16 pixels and look good on both black and white (work mode) backgrounds.

Or we could just go back to the original icon.

ps I moved from Aus to the UK about a year ago ;)

16. #236 / 506
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I don't see the point of having an icon that has no functionality.  It's just clutter. Better might be to have the  1 turn waiting  message to be a different color and perhaps a tad larger.

BAO alternative:

17. #237 / 506
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

There are icons for everything else, "Active threads", "Recent threads", "Charts", ..., but I do agree that the turn icon should be clickable and take me to the same page as the link (the page of my turns).

When I posted this I didn't realize that all of the icons do nothing unless you have your setting to display icons only.  With this setting on, the icons are clickable and I think this is why it was confusing for me, but I guess I just always ignored the clock and didn't realize it just sat there.

18. #238 / 506
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:
    tom wrote:

I'm working on this atm, sorry for any disruption.

Are you still at it? because I clicked on the Rankings tab and my turn count jumped to 20 although it is really 0.

Was at 1 (correct) when I logged on.  When I clicked on Chogyam's profile, my count jumped back to 20 turns which persisted a restart of the browser.

19. #239 / 506
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Is it wrong now?

20. #240 / 506
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:
    Alpha wrote:

When I posted this I didn't realize that all of the icons do nothing unless you have your setting to display icons only.  With this setting on, the icons are clickable and I think this is why it was confusing for me, but I guess I just always ignored the clock and didn't realize it just sat there.

Fair point. I was just trying to get a nicer icon but I suppose on balance it does look like a 'refresh' icon in which case it should do something. I changed it back to the clock for now.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««8910111213141516»»»   (26 in total)