219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

So I'm curious as to whether the Default Dice of SimulGear gameplay are good or not.  The current default is set to Attacker 75% and Defender 60%.  This is opposite from the old world where it was Attacker 60% and Defender 75%, so I'm not sure which is the better default.

Almost feels like it should be Attacker 60% and Defender 75%, but I'm unsure if there is a good reason for this or if it's just because I'm more used to the old world way.

What do fellow Board Designers and players think?

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

2. #2 / 6
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I've been having issues wrapping my monkey brain around it. I like for there to be 2 different gameplay options and Turn-based already favors the attacker so I would like SimulGear to favor the defender by default. I think that also makes it a more strategic sort of game, but that's just me. I would like the default dice set at Attack 60 Defend 70. I don't really like the 5% thing because I am thinking of it based off of a 10-sided dice rather than 100 because big numbers make RiskyBack sad.

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

3. #3 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I am fine with whatever you guys agree with... I can't even remember why I chose 75:65 :)

4. #4 / 6
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

To me, the default isn't a big deal as I like to change defaults anyway, but I like the idea of 60/70, and would probably most prefer 60/60 or something even or closer to even (favoring defenders, but not so much that it is hard to advance and end games).

Regardless, a default should be settle upon prior to go-live so there isn't a couple of odd boards that should be default dice, but happened to come into being prior to a decision (so they use 75/60).

Sorry, to suggest holding up Bomb Factory (and other ready boards) as I look forward to playing this (my beta test was the first time I had played and see why it is fun). This default does seem like an important thing to have in place (I guess I just contradicted my first statement).

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

5. #5 / 6
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

My vote would be for 60/75 since that is what we are used to.

6. #6 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

BlackDog wrote:

My vote would be for 60/75 since that is what we are used to.

tom did change it to default to 60/75.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

Yertle: I really don't know what we'd be doing if tom didn't start WG
    Yertle: scary to think about :p
    RiskyBack: You'd have more kids and I'd have a real job, probably

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)