219 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

If Return to Unit Placement is On and Max Cards is set to 5 (or whatever), should you be forced to turn cards in at the beginning of your turn?  Or should you be allowed to hold them up until Fortify/End (depending on Return to Attack setting)?

This would also make a difference if you eliminated and ended up with 6+ cards, should you be forced at the time of elimination or anytime prior to Fortify/End?

Currently you are forced turn in prior to attack, although I'm not sure if I agree with that (not sure if it's all that bad either though :p), so more of a discussion on it than anything.

2. #2 / 8
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

On the Wargear Warfare map, the max cards are set to 5 and if you eliminate and find yourself with 5, then you turn in immediately. Does this work differently elsewhere?

If return to placement is on, why would it matter if you are force to turn in before or after attacking? With this setting turned on, can't you leave armies, attack, return to placement, place, attack some more ...

I can see this making a difference if you are looking for the ability to continue eliminating and build up a larger store of cards and under this line of reasoning, I think you should have to turn in immediately after an elimination, but I see why you opened up the discussion.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I think it is fine to force card turn-in, since like Alpha said you can then choose to place those units whenever you want.

Edited Tue 28th Sep 10:47 [history]

4. #4 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

The only time I can think of where I might not want to turn in immediately is when I have a card set like ABABW and am looking to kill someone and get their cards - then maybe I could turn in and save the wild.

I am guessing that is a very rare occurrence though - at least I don't think I have run across it yet.

5. #5 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yep, the eliminating prior to card turn to re-evaluate what cards to turn is the reason for the question.

6. #6 / 8
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote: The only time I can think of where I might not want to turn in immediately is when I have a card set like ABABW and am looking to kill someone and get their cards - then maybe I could turn in and save the wild.

I am guessing that is a very rare occurrence though - at least I don't think I have run across it yet.

Nope, happens to me all the time.

Just doing my part to hold in Risky's big deal-ness

7. #7 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Well, we don't want to help you guys out at all, so we should keep it as is.

Just kidding of course - I don't see any real reason not to change it so that the forced card in has to occur at some point in the turn.

8. #8 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yep I agree, if the return to placement setting allows it then you should be able to turn in at any time before end turn.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)