Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Please add your new feature requests to the Flash Player here:

More keyboard shortcuts
    Player bar to show eliminated players
    Rampage mode - toggle button which automatically attacks and transfers all until turned off
    Display name of territory when hovering
    Improve how capitals are displayed
    Button / shortcut to attack a territory and reduce it to a minimum number of units without capturing
    Show new messages since last turn was taken (e.g. Comms(2) )
    Show game history
    Combine board explorer tabs into a single page showing territories / borders / continents

Edited Sun 15th Nov 06:21 [history]

2. #2 / 116
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

on board info page (wherever it ends up!): clickable countries that will show which continent they are part of, then the ability to choose that continent to find other countries that are a part of it.

as it is now, you can only pick a name from the list and can be a pain in the arse to find which one covers what (for example Krock's expansion of europe).

3. #3 / 116
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I would like to see the Cards tab highlighted or something when you have a Card Set that could be turned in.

Also in regards to the Cards tab, I wish the Cards that I choose could be highlighted a bit better, there are times when I don't know what all I have clicked on in there (user error yes, but seems easy to highlight them or border them). In addition would it be better for the cards to group themselves together AA/BB/C instead of in the order received A/C/B/B/A? I do kind of like knowing when I received what, but at turn in time it seems easier when they are grouped together.

4. #4 / 116
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:  In addition would it be better for the cards to group themselves together AA/BB/C instead of in the order received A/C/B/B/A? I do kind of like knowing when I received what, but at turn in time it seems easier when they are grouped together.

I would like to see them in an array syled like:

A B C W
    A B C W
    A    C
    A

That way I can see how many AAA, BBB, CCC or ABC turn-ins I have simply. (I have some superstitions about which set to turn in when I have multiple options available). I especially think the array would come in handy on boards where the rules don't limit you to 5 held cards.

5. #5 / 116
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: I would like to see the Cards tab highlighted or something when you have a Card Set that could be turned in.

Steven's method for this actually worked quite well, I think.

6. #6 / 116
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That's true asm, but if I have 15 cards (unlimited setting), I don't know if I would want to be forced to close a window or navigate back to the Play tab, I know I have a set, just a green highlighted Cards tab would be the reminder.

7. #7 / 116
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I like the idea of having just the number on the cards tab, like Cards[4]. The number could be red with no match and green with a match (or something). I like cram's idea for the display on the card tab page, with the addition that the last card you received be highlighted in some way.

You do realize though that statistically it doesn't make a damn bit of difference which set you turn in. =]

8. #8 / 116
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

What do you guys think about dropping the cards tab completely and having a button / popup window like WF instead? The window can then pop up when you start your turn when you have a set.

Point taken re: sorting the card view.

9. #9 / 116
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: What do you guys think about dropping the cards tab completely and having a button / popup window like WF instead? The window can then pop up when you start your turn when you have a set.

As long as it can be Viewed at any point in the turn and even if you don't have a set.  Although I do like 11s suggestion, since you don't have to close it if you know you don't want to use cards but quick visual to see if you do/don't.

10. #10 / 116
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes I like that option too.

11. #11 / 116
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote: You do realize though that statistically it doesn't make a damn bit of difference which set you turn in. =]

Thus, superstition. {#emotions_dlg.spin}

12. #12 / 116
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

I love love love the idea of having the label on the Cards tab display the number of cards held. This is how I can tell if I have email or not because it says Gmail - Inbox (41)

13. #13 / 116
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I would like the Player to have a little margin, maybe 10 pixels in each direction, around the actual map image before your beveled border comes in. Currently, with the beveled edge being tight to the map image, it feels very crowded.

Sure, i can leave a transparent ring around my play area and force the margin artificially, but I've already got a few maps out there and the territories don't line up anymore if I add the margin to all sides equally on those maps.

14. #14 / 116
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Is there anywhere in the flash player that shows the current value for a card turn in? I can't find one. I have to go out to the board info page for a game. That's most inconvenient.

Compromise is for when you're wrong and you know it.

15. #15 / 116
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote: Is there anywhere in the flash player that shows the current value for a card turn in? I can't find one. I have to go out to the board info page for a game. That's most inconvenient.

The Cards tab has it.

Yertle is here.

16. #16 / 116
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Cramchakle wrote: Is there anywhere in the flash player that shows the current value for a card turn in? I can't find one. I have to go out to the board info page for a game. That's most inconvenient.

The Cards tab has it.

I see the card scale, but not what I would get for turning in a set.

I see how it works. Maybe some kind of highlight on the current value would help make it clear that that's what it is.

Edited Sun 29th Nov 23:05 [history]

17. #17 / 116
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Would like to see a card turn-in history on the cards tab. Maybe a drop-down or slide-out type thing which lists who turned in for what, and using which cards.

18. #18 / 116
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I like who turned in for what because it's public knowledge and yet annoying to look for. Showing cards is additional information and could change gameplay (as we are used to it) - for example, knowing the wilds have or haven't been used changes the probability that someone else has a set at 3 cards. Then again, in Risk you must show cards, so maybe this way makes sense.

-Hugh

19. #19 / 116
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Hugh wrote: I like who turned in for what because it's public knowledge and yet annoying to look for. Showing cards is additional information and could change gameplay (as we are used to it) - for example, knowing the wilds have or haven't been used changes the probability that someone else has a set at 3 cards. Then again, in Risk you must show cards, so maybe this way makes sense.

-Hugh

This isn't true though if WarGear isn't using a set number of cards deck though correct?

So it really doesn't matter if it is shown what was turned in or not right?

*edit* Of course if it does goes to a set deck, then yes this does affect gameplay.  Was it ever answered what would happen if Unlimited cards were held and surpassed the number of cards in a deck (ie, not able to Reshuffle)?

Yertle is here.
    Edited Mon 30th Nov 16:12 [history]

20. #20 / 116
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

This isn't true though if WarGear isn't using a set number of cards deck though correct?

So it really doesn't matter if it is shown what was turned in or not right?

*edit* Of course if it does goes to a set deck, then yes this does affect gameplay.  Was it ever answered what would happen if Unlimited cards were held and surpassed the number of cards in a deck (ie, not able to Reshuffle)?

True, if the current system stayed in place, it would not matter.  I did send tom code based on an 18/18/18/2 deck and tested that it behaves like a deck, as we discussed in the randomness thread.  Of course, the todo list is sizeable, so it's hard to say when we'll see this.

To answer the last question, the practical decision I made regarding shuffling was to avoid the model where you shuffle the discarded cards once the cards run out.  If you have a 12-player game (or larger), the 58 cards of the deck can be exceeded.  So the model I used instead is that players draw from a deck, and once the deck runs out, a new deck appears and cards are drawn from that deck, and once those run out, another deck appears, etc.  

If there is demand for using a discarded cards re-shuffle, I could also write code for that, but larger decks would have to be enforced for larger games.

-Hugh

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456   (6 in total)