219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123456   (6 in total)
  1. #41 / 116
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Raptor wrote: They never show up when I play Infection. I see images on a white background.........ahh Work Mode maybe.

Yep, that's it!

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

2. #42 / 116
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Raptor wrote: They never show up when I play Infection. I see images on a white background.........ahh Work Mode maybe.

Yep, that's it!

Yes, I just tested and that is it.

In the end, all things are squishy.

3. #43 / 116
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

orly? i'll have to take it off work mode then.

Don't Taze Me Bro!

4. #44 / 116
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Before I request this, I would like to say that I understand the only reason for this feature is my own stupidity.

I would like the player to tell me that I won't be getting a card this turn if I click on the End Turn button and I haven't captured a territory. Stupid, I know, but I've done this too many times. I get strange looks when I scream in public places because I've just clicked the End Turn button and realized that I didn't get a card when I easily could have.

5. #45 / 116
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Oh so that was you screaming at your laptop at Starbucks today?

This is getting ludicrous, Risky's kinda-a-big-dealness has gone airborne and infected my signature now too. Wear your masks, it's coming for you next!

6. #46 / 116
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Maybe a little card icon that turns green when you've earned a card?

7. #47 / 116
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Maybe a little card icon that turns green when you've earned a card?

I'd be in favor of something small like that, nothing too big (no pop-ups!) or anything like that.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

8. #48 / 116
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Or maybe, if you haven't earned a card yet the End Turn button could be red instead of green? That way you would have to look at it before ending your turn.

Ed: Plus a little text next to it saying "No Card earned yet this turn". The issue with this idea is that it doesn't warn you before fortifying, which has the same result if there is no return to attack after fortify in the game.

Edited Sat 9th Jan 14:57 [history]

9. #49 / 116
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

bengaltiger wrote:

Or maybe, if you haven't earned a card yet the End Turn button could be red instead of green? That way you would have to look at it before ending your turn.

I like that idea!

(and how about a REALLY BIG pop-up when you click on the 'A' or 'T' button that says...."You idiot Harrow, stop being so damn lazy and superstitious, and use the '3' button like you should be!")

Edited Sat 9th Jan 23:00 [history]

10. #50 / 116
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I'm not sure if this is a setting available, but it would be nice if it would only advance one continent when using the arrow keys with the "Continent Name" box in Board -> Continents. When playing a new board I like to go through all the continents to make sure I understand them, but right now pressing the arrow key once will skip over several if the list of continents is relatively long.

Thanks!

11. #51 / 116
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

How about a button or default setting in the history viewer to jump to the first turn and bypass all the picking country placing army stuff that nobody ever watches?

This is getting ludicrous, Risky's kinda-a-big-dealness has gone airborne and infected my signature now too. Wear your masks, it's coming for you next!

12. #52 / 116
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yep sure.

13. #53 / 116
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Speaking of the history viewer, I'd like it to display "asm traded cards (CCC) for 15 armies" and "asm eliminated Yertle, earning a 10-army elimination bonus"

And I'm not requesting this just in the wishful thinking sense... I'd really like the text history log to show # of armies on trade-ins and elimination bonuses.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

14. #54 / 116
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote: Speaking of the history viewer, I'd like it to display "asm traded cards (CCC) for 15 armies" and "asm eliminated Yertle, earning a 10-army elimination bonus"

And I'm not requesting this just in the wishful thinking sense... I'd really like the text history log to show # of armies on trade-ins and elimination bonuses.

Silly asm, the "asm eliminated Yertle" that is wishful thinking.

What's Your Passion?

15. #55 / 116
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

on this line of history updates, how about a end of my last turn (maybe that even works progressively - i hit it once to see the board state at end of my last turn, then hit again to see what the previous end of turn looked like)?

Don't Taze Me Bro!

16. #56 / 116
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

End of last turn is already there! Good idea about it being progressive though...

17. #57 / 116
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Is there any way there could be an undo button for moves that don't involve luck? I understand this can't happen for attacks, but I was just about to take out a player, and after taking over a territory I hit '1' instead of 'A'. It'd be awful nice to hit the 'undo' button and move all of my units in there.

18. #58 / 116
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Know what I'd like? I'd like the Place button in the Player to display the number of dudes you have left to put down in parens.

You know, like | Place (12) | Attack | Fortify | etc

Actually now that I put it all out there, the number of Fortifies (and hey, number of attacks, if you're in a limited attack game) left would be cool too.

I'm envisioning this being most useful in games with phase switching like Clue or Resident Gear, where it would be super handy to have all that info laid out without having to click around and check. Anybody else?

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

19. #59 / 116
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I actually had that setup for a while, it looked kind of messy so I dropped it. Will see if I can add it back in as an option maybe.

ps - sorry bengal, that would be horrible to implement.

20. #60 / 116
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I really like the territory name tooltip when your mouse hovers over a territory. Would it be possible to show the controlling player's name as well (if not hidden by fog)? On some boards, I have a little trouble distinguishing the gray player from neutral territories. I can figure it out if I select a territory to attack, but I can't figure out a way to see the ownership if I can't attack the territory.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456   (6 in total)