224 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member Seige07
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Right now we have an On/Off setting to play multiple tournament games at once. Would it be possible to add a Game limit to this? So you would be present with X games instead of every game against someone with this turned on?

It definitely helps the pace of tournaments to be able to play multiple games in a Round Robin tournament at once, but i understand why some people turn this off. To get bombarded by 6 of the same map when a tournament starts can be overwhelming. If you could limit the number of games that started at once I think more people would use this feature and it would help speed up some of the really long tournaments.

All your base are belong to us

2. #2 / 6
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That is a great idea. I've had it turned on for the sake of speed but I groan every time it actually happens to me. It would be great if I could set it to max 3 simultaneous games in the same tourney.

...and is a douchebag
    Edited Thu 15th Jul 12:32 [history]

3. #3 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

OK I'll add something in. Do you think this should be a game limit per tournament or an overall limit?

4. #4 / 6
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'd say per tourney and ideally it would be customizable or at least choosable from a handful of options from Settings.

EDIT for clarity: The Setting would be "max # of simultaneous games per tourney," not that it would be customizable per tourney.

...and is a douchebag
    Edited Thu 15th Jul 14:22 [history]

5. #5 / 6
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Per tournament, was this not proposed before. I had thought it was already on the list. I like asm's description for the X, maybe a dropdown with 1-10, all with the default set to 1.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

6. #6 / 6
    Standard Member Seige07
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I agree with per tournament. Otherwise you may get something goofy where a person gets 10 games in one tournament and zero in another which doesn't help the second tournament move along at all.

All your base are belong to us

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)